Part 11: Split Personality

"Hey, Kirito, I'm glad to see your still alive.", Came from Akuma's mouth in Kayaba's voice. Kirito responded, "Glad, huh. Don't you mean surprised.". Y/N noticed that Kirito's voice became rash.

"Is Akuma still in there? Or, is she gone?" Y/N asked. Kayaba started to walk around the room to help him think. "I'm not quite sure, but I do feel this body resisting me. It's entirely possible that we're sharing this body." He said.

"Like a person with a split personality disorder?" Y/N asked. Kayaba stopped and pointed at Y/N. "Precisely, except one thing. Split personalities usually have a trigger in order to switch between however many you have. Whether it be a certain time of day or wearing different items. It could even be the person's mood that triggers the switch." Kayaba explained.

"Can I try something to change in between the two of you?" Kirito asked. "Sure, what could be the harm in a little experiment?" Kayaba told him. Kirito walked up and slapped him in the face.

"Ow, Kirito, what was that for?" Akuma said angrily in her own voice. "I just wanted to open my present." She continued.

"Well, we know that it works now," Kirito said to Y/N. Akuma asked, "What works?" "Follow us and I'll show you," Kirito said.

They walked out onto the beach. Kirito faced Akuma and slapped her. "Did you have to hit so hard?" Kayaba asked through Akuma's body. He looked out towards the ocean.

"Interesting, bodily harm causing a swap between persons. Yet, the other person in question remembers nothing in between their uses of the body in question. This would have been something I could have studied instead of creating the nerve gear. At least then fewer people would be dead." He said.

"How are we going to explain this to Akuma?" Y/N asked. "If I knew everything. I wouldn't have lost my duel against Kayaba back in the day." Kirito said while glancing at Akuma's body.

"Well, just take her somewhere different like you did with me. Then just say it in a way that she can understand." Kayaba suggested.

Yui chimed in "Daddy, I think I can explain it to her. Let's just have Y/N slap her so she notices the difference." "Fine, have your go at it," Kirito said going back to the chair on the beach to take another nap.

"Okay Y/N, just slap her and the explanation will be on its way," Yui said. Y/N walked in front of Akuma's body and slapped her. Kayaba sighed, "I don't think you hit hard enough." Kayaba said.

She slapped again, but as hard as she could. "I think you almost got it that time," Kayaba remarked. Y/N took a deep breath. "That's all I had, I don't think I'm strong enough."

Yui told her, "No, I sense that you don't want to hurt them." "Oh, I know how to make someone let go of that restriction. You just make them angry. For that, I'll need the expertise of the man that makes everyone mad. Kirito!" Akuma said.

"If you want to make someone angry, start with name calling and if it doesn't work then threats, then physical action," Kirito said from his napping chair.

"Well then name calling. I'll start small, you sleazy whore. What that isn't enough, you ass of a human being. Well, then I guess this fat bitch won't budge. I guess I'll just have to punch this cun..." Kayaba got cut off by a slap hard enough to knock him down.

Y/N ran away to cry behind the house. Akuma took control of her own body. "A hard but feminine touch, now I can get used to that," Akuma said. "Well I guess I'll have to explain a few things now" Yui said.