Part 1 The New Game

Y/N had finally saved up enough money for the new VR game on the market. Its name was 'Starship Racers: Journey Beyond the Cosmos'. She just couldn't wait, especially since this would be her first official VR game.

She had played them before at her friends house, and on her brother's console, but now she had one of her own. Her brother was an SAO survivor who moved to america after the experience, to give speeches on the bad side of VR. However she didn't care about that, all Y/N cared about was playing more video games.

Y/N put the game in, put the head set on, and then said "link start." The normal start up screen showed as she loaded into the game. Then she was met by a menu with the name of the game.

She looked at the menu and touched the 'start game' button. As she did the 'journey' in the title started glitching, but fixed itself. Then a female voice came on and exclaimed "would you like to design your character yourself, or load in an avatar from a previous game."

Y/N chose to create a new one and was shown in front of a mirror. There before her was a character model that looked almost as good as she wanted it. The only thing missing was the hair color.

She messed with it a bit, until she could find the perfect color. When she found it she touched the 'finish avatar' button. Then she was put onto what looked like a space station version of Aincrad.

But before she took a single step the voice from before said "please choose the name you would like to be identified as." She got the game the day it came out, so she put down a name that probably wouldn't be taken yet. She put  down "Solo Survivor."

The game acknowledged Y/N's name, and set it as her character's name. Then she started exploring the menu. It looked like almost any other.

First was the character profile, that told her what she was wearing, what her vehicle was, and how much money, or what this game called galactic credits (GC), she had, as well as what weapon she had. Next was the abilities menu, which told her that she only had one, which was vehicle summon. Lastly there was the log out button, like every game had.

She summoned her vehicle, which was called a 'slick speeder' and looked like a hovering motorcycle. She hopped on and started driving towards the main square. That was where everyone else was.

The game was running with almost a thousand people, when people started flooding the server all at once. In 10 seconds the people in the lobby went from 1098 to 28054. Then no one else came.

"Could it have been a few servers colliding, due to slow traffic on the other servers?" Y/N asked herself. Then a man in the middle of the crowd started bursting into flames, and reviled a high level racing suit. Everyone started looking at him like a hacker, until he started talking.

Everyone on the sever heard him. He clearly said "I am the player known as Shift Wreckage, and although I can't kill you all in real life, I can trap you in the game. At least until someone beats me in a race. Oh, before I forget I'm level 10,000, the level cap of the game."

That's when Y/N heard someone else say "damn it why does this always happen to me." She turned around and saw him, Kirito. She got embarrassed and slowly walked away.

Then once she got around a corner, she pulled out her menu. She put her finger down to the 'log out' button, but it was grayed out with a lock symbol beside it. Then, before she closed it, she noticed something. She looked at where the game logo was on the menu, and instead of saying what it did before it said "Starship Racers: Trapped Beyond the Cosmos", and she knew that, just like her brother years before, she was trapped in the game.