Part 6: The Lottery Race

As soon as that race started they could see that the track kept moving. They were racing on a track with no telling where it was taking them, or what would happen. Y/N was falling behind the other racers, so she shot at them with her mounted gun.

It was't very accurate, but it had no reload, so she could keep firing until it hit something. She eventually shot the small one's engine and they spun out, but Y/N kept going. Meanwhile near the front Akuma and the cyborg were side ramming each other.

Then as the road changed to a drifting curve in front of them. Akuma continued to side ram him while he was grinding at the edge of the track, and finally they both pulled their guns and shot one another, but the kick from the cyborg's gun was enough to send him off the track, and get him out of the race. However Akuma wouldn't be able to make it if she lost anymore health.

Y/N eventually caught up to Akuma, but Kirito was too far in front. They both drifted around and jumped some gaps, but nothing they would do would be able to get them close enough to win the race. "He's good, better than I would have thought, but that's just who he is, an adaptable gamer." Y/N heard Akuma say.

"You know...I kind of like him, I think." Y/N told her. "If your talking in the way I think you are, I'm guessing you don't know that he's married." Akuma said snarkingly. Y/N looked surprised "oh, come on I swore it was love at first sight."

They turned a sharp corner. "Yeah you and every girl he's ever met" Akuma said. "Damn it, now I just feel like a starstruck idiot." Y/N told her.

"You know what, if you beat him you might peak the top of his interest charts." Akuma told her. "Well it's too late to do that now." Y/N said as they jumped over a break in the track.

Then they saw that the track was leading out into space. There were 2 perfectly placed boost pads, or light pads, as the game called them. There was no road, but as they hit the pads, they started zooming through space.

They saw every individual moon, planet, and star as a blue haze, as they were passing through. Then a green wall appeared in front of them. They were going fast enough to faze through it, and found themselves back on the track. Then they started slowing down, and they hit their breaks once they had seen that a huge wall was with Kirito, off his bike, was in their way.

"Only one of us can pass through, but they have to answer the walls riddle." Kirito told them. So Y/N and Akuma got off their bikes and looked at the wall. They saw small writing on a brick.

"It says 'what's the name of the one you most hate'" Kirito told them. Akuma stepped up and told the wall "Kazuto Kirigaya, the one who killed my uncle." The wall flashed red and so did Akuma, then she started to look sick, and she fell down. "I'm not feeling well" She said right before her character shattered, and her bike dissapeared.

The wall changed its question. 'Who is your demon'. "Well now that's too easy" Kirito said "myself." The wall flashed green and let him pass, but the wall came back up after he crossed.

It had a new question. It read 'who do you love the most.' Then Y/N looked around as if she was being watched, or rather listened to. Then as the coast was clear, like it was anyway, she whispered "Kirito." Then the wall lit up green, but as it did she saw Kirito on the other side.

She was flustered, but Kirito didn't notice. "I decided to stay and see if you could have a fighting chance." Kirito said. Y/N got back on her bike, but right when Kirito slowed down to get neck and neck with her, she stopped completely, and Kirito passed the finish line, not feeling like he usually does when he wins something.