Part 10: What's With These Lights

They left Kirito's house world into the hub world. Y/N started shivering. "Does anyone else feel colder?"

"Now that you mention it, it looks like there are colorful lights all over the place," Akuma said. Kirito joined in "Wait a minute. This game came out 3 days before Christmas right?" "That's correct, and you've all been awake for 3 in-game days."

Y/N asked, "Then why don't we feel tired?" "That's simple. Your tiredness is based on your real body, and your real body is in a REM sleep-like state." Yui answered. They walked around some more to see other people's reaction to the change.

After a few surprised faces and some more people shivering from head to toe, it started snowing. It started out light, with a warning that the racetrack would be closed. Then it became heavy snow, where they could barely move through the knee-deep snow.

They slowly made their way back to the town where they entered one of the restaurants to get warm. They had the same idea as everyone else. The one they went in had only one table left to sit at.

Y/N opened her menu and said "I'll invite you guys to my house if it's not as cold as outside. What am I talking about? It shouldn't be it's a fricken tropical island." As she disappeared from their sight.

She appeared in front of her house. She felt like she was in 100-degree weather, but it felt like heaven compared to the cold in the hub world. She almost forgot about inviting the rest over for a second.

After the other three arrived they felt the same way. Kirito saw a white lawn chair on the sand and decided to sit in it. While Y/N and the girls went into the actual house.

The first floor had a living room, and kitchen connecting to each other. With a bathroom and closet next to each other. While upstairs was a bedroom with a single bed that was like a sleeping bag.

 Down in the closet, they found some bikinis and bathing suits. All three picked their favorite color and went outside. Y/N had a(n) F/C (F/C is favorite color) colored one, Akuma had a black and red one, and Yui had a white colored one.

Kirito was asleep on the lawn chair. But the girls didn't really care. They all jumped in the ocean and started having fun, some of which was only fun for Akuma.

They splashed, swam, and other stuff in the water for hours. When Y/N got out she noticed that Kirito was just waking up. He took a huge yawn and a small glance at her before going inside.

"Guys! You might wanna come and see this!" They heard Kirito yell from inside. They went inside to see a huge Christmas tree with 4 presents underneath. "Now, I don't know if this was in here earlier. But I know it's not in the house this anime is from." Kirito said.

Y/N told him "It wasn't there earlier, but it might be part of the Christmas thing." Yui looked at the presents. "My scan of the presents shows that they are not deadly, but I don't know what's inside them past that much." She said.

Y/N took the first present, and it had the name 'Kazuto Kirigaya' on it. Kirito pointed out "How do they know my real name." All of them had their real names on it, all except for Yui's. Her's said 'Kazuto Yurika'.

"Wait a minute," Kirito said "Yurika is the name my mom wanted to name me if I was a girl. Why does Yui's present have that name?". "Let's get into that later, I wanna open them," Akuma said.

Y/N went first. She tore through the wrapping paper and she was greeted with a picture frame of her brother and Kirito fighting side by side against a boss in SAO. "Wow, I remember him," Kirito said "He used to have a trick where he'd trick the game by slightly throwing his sword forward and grabbing onto it and it would throw him along with it. He was a great glitch exploiter too."

Then Kirito opened his. He was met with his black coat and sword from SAO. "Daddy, I think I spot a theme with these gifts," Yui said.

Yui was next. She opened her's and received a model skin of Asuna's SAO character. She was confused.

"Ugh, I can't take it anymore!" Akuma screamed. Finally, she got to open her present. But, instead of a physical object, some kind of mist appeared and forced its way into her lungs through her nose and mouth.

The next thing they heard from her was from a man's voice. "Of all the time my conscious spent flying endlessly in cyberspace, and of all the players in this game, I had to land in a girls body." Kirito knew exactly who that voice was from. It was Kayaba Akihiko, SAO's creator and Akuma's uncle.