Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Ribbons To The Rescue

Pettigrew tried to make excuses for everything that he had done, but no one was buying it; the guy was nothing but a coward. Black explained how he had gotten out of Azkaban, not by dark magic, but with his animagus form which could help him slip passed the dementors unnoticed. Lupin and Black seemed to make an agreement as Harry finally excepted the truth, and Pettigrew began to panic. He pleaded with Ron, who shoved him away in disgust before turning on Hermione who moved away from him with narrowed eyes. " Sweet girl, please." He pleaded turning to me. " Your father would be merciful, please." He pleaded and I gave him a look.

" Go away." I told him with a snap.

He tried to do the same with Harry, but Lupin and Sirius pulled him away from Harry but when they were prepared to kill him, Harry stood in their way. They agreed to let them take him up to the castle to face the dementors. They levitated Snape out of the rubble of the wall, but bound Pettigrew so that he couldn't run. We were just about to start out into the hallways, when the sound of loud footsteps sounded and we were suddenly enveloped in a thick glittery, pink, fog.

" JACKIE!" I heard two familiar voices cry and a third responded with a quiet. " Oops."

When the fog cleared, Cass and Spencer were both staring at a very guilty looking Jackie. " What are you three doing?" I asked giving them a look.

" You said you would be right behind me, but when you didn't come back to the common room, Spencer sent Persephone to get Jackie."

" I can't believe you went off and had another adventure without us." Jackie said accusingly and I let out a sigh before stumbling to my feet, as Harry tossed me my wand from where it had fallen on the floor. My three friends seemed to notice the other people in the room, but before they could ask, I cut them off. " It's a long story, I'll explain later." I said waving off their questions, before I told Cass. " You owe Spencer a couple of galleons."

" Darn it." Cass cried.

********

" So, how are you related again?" Cass asked randomly as we made our back down the tunnel, and I made a face. " Cass, I already told you that-"

" I know, but I'm curious." Cass said and I rolled my eyes. " My mom is the twin sister of Draco's father, who is married to Narcissa who is his cousin."

" Twin?" Cass said. " How I did I not notice that?"

" You were to busy burning a hole in not only his head, but also his weasel of a son's." Spencer answered.

" Oh, yeah." Cass said suddenly remembering and I rolled my eyes before she continued. " I still don't get how your related to such a cruel family, your mum is so nice." Cass said.

" People change." I muttered.

" Some of us even put on a mask for those we love." Spencer agreed, and Jackie stepped forward to link her arm with his. We were the last ones out of the tunnel, but as the four of us climbed out, we became aware of the fact that everyone was watching Lupin who had frozen. Black told us to run, but we were all frozen as Lupin transformed. Black threw himself at Lupin, his body taking on it's own transformation as he collided with Lupin.

Pettigrew snuck away in the fray and Harry ran after Lupin and Black as they disappeared toward the trees with Hermione right behind him, leaving us with a floating Snape and an unconscious Ron. " Now what?" Cass asked.