Chapter 5: Sinister Vibes

"There's so much you still don't know Katie," Matthew said, reaching out for her hands. "Everything I did was for us."

"But you mu-murdered all those people," Katie said.

"But I did it for us baby," Matthew said, embracing her. "All we need now is the passcode to your father's safe and then we're off with the money to Paris, just like you always wanted."

"I can't do that to my parents babe," Katie said. "I..."

"But if you don't, you know I'll go to jail, right?" Matthew said, his voice breaking. He started pacing back and forth. "Goddamn it Katie, do you want to see me behind bars?"

"O-of course not! Baby, please calm down."

"Calm down?" Matthew said, walking up to her and raising his voice. "CALM DOWN? I murdered them so we can be together!"

"But I never asked you to do that!" Katie said, tearing up.

"It's been done! Now give me the damn passcode."

"I can't do that to my family, I just can't. And I'm sorry. I really am."

"Then you've made your choice," Matthew said, drawing a gun from his pocket and aiming it at Katie.

But before he could pull the trigger, the door burst wide open.

"POLICE! FREEZE!"

Three armed policemen entered the room and pointed their gun at Matthew.

"DROP YOUR WEAPON AND ARMS OVER YOUR HEAD WHERE WE CAN SEE THEM," one of the officers said.

"You double-crossed me?" Matthew said, looking at Katie with disbelief as he carefully lowered the gun to the floor.

"I'm s-sorry," Katie wailed.

"Hands over your head where I could see them!", the police officer said.

"You ungrateful bitch!" Matthew said, as two officers handcuffed him.

"I'm so sorry!" Katie cried, sinking to her knees.

"I'll never forgive you for this Katie!" Matthew said, as the police officers dragged him out of the room.

"CUT!", someone called.

"That was beautiful," the director said, blowing his nose. "Kudos June. Kudos Jack. You both nailed the part."

June walked out of the set, removing her long black wig.

"Over here June!" I waved, Alex right beside me. "But she didn't hear me as a tall red-haired man walked across the set to her, holding a bouquet of flowers. Huh. I wonder who's that.

"Psst, Maxxie, check out the dork with the flowers. Probably a fan," Alex said, giggling.

The dork walked up to June and presented her with the flowers.

"Hey Alex, ten bucks says she's gonna toss it right back in his face, I said." And she would. June's feisty like that.

Alex sniggered. But we were wrong. Very wrong. June's face lit up as she kissed him. On the lips. My jaw dropped.

Wait what?

She walked up to us, hand-in-hand with the ginger dork.

"Guys, meet Christopher. Christopher, this is Max and Alex."

My jaw dropped wider.

This was Dr. Chris? I mean he wasn't ugly or anything. Maybe even attractive behind those thick-rimmed glasses and scruffy ginger beard. But I always pictured June with someone muscular, ripped, etc. Oh well, as long as he makes her happy I guess.