Chapter 29- Recovery

Start from the beginning

I walk towards her slowly, Aasira letting out an uncharacteristic whimper...and I swallow hard as I reach down to her face, brushing a stray lock of hair behind her ear.

"I'm so sorry Eva...this happened to because of me...you were on my territory, under my protection...and one of my own pack members hurt you..." I whisper, Aasira's whine getting louder...

"I promise that I'll make this right...the bastard will pay for what he's done in any way you see fit...you just have to keep kicking ass and healing, like you always do..." I continue, my mate resting a hand on my shoulder at the sound of my voice cracking...

"Rosa...don't hold it in, allow your emotions to surface..." He murmurs, and I shake my head.

"I can't, I'm an Alpha...my pack needs me to be strong, and I have-"

He interrupts me by spinning me around and pulling me to his chest, his arms holding me protectively.

"I know that you're afraid to show weakness, that being an Alpha means you have to constantly hide your fear and pain behind a mask. You are strong Amore...stronger than anyone I've ever met...but there is no shame in crying, and you certainly don't have to be afraid of crying in front of me..." He whispers softly...and at those words I finally unravel, my overflowing emotions dampening his shirt as he holds me close.

A few minutes...that's all I need...then I can carry on as the Alpha I am.

.......

After I pull myself together, I leave Eva's room and drive down to the Vakabon pack to deal with the prisoner, my fury helping me refocus. With my mate and two of my warriors by my side, I head inside the stone prison...the warriors guarding the only occupied cell moving swiftly out of my way...they too know better.

I stop in front of the cell, my glowing red eyes trained on the wretch chained up in the middle of the small room. He looks up at me with a hostile expression, and I bare my fangs in a snarl as I recognize his disgusting face.

Delano...one of my warriors...

"What's the matter Alpha? Is it hard to believe one your own could deceive you?" He sneers, and I growl.

"Why in the hell would you do something like this? To our own ally?"

"What can I say? Love makes us do crazy things..." He chuckles, something off and twisted in his eyes...

"You don't hurt the ones you love, certainly not like this." I counter, and he scowls.

"Eva was stubborn, she needed to see that she was mine...that I was the only mate for her, she just refuses to see it..." He bites out, flinching as the silver chains burn into his skin.

"She's not your mate, and never will be...because once you are brought back to my territory, she will decide exactly how you die...but be assured that you will suffer greatly long before that happens." I growl, knowing that if I stay any longer I'll end up spilling the mutts blood myself.

"Keep a close eye on him, and if he causes trouble, use wolfsbane. I will make arrangements to have him transported to Blackrose." I tell the guards, and they nod.

Me and the others exit the prison and begin heading towards Forst's makeshift office, there's a lot we need to discuss.

~~~~

A lot has occurred in the last few weeks, truthfully much more than I ever expected.

I made arrangements to leave Vakabon's territory....as much as I would've liked to stay with Eva, I knew she would be in good hands. Her mate, parents, and the hospital staff were going to be there, as well as Julian once I returned home. Before I left with Delano however, I had a discussion with Alpha Forst about Sanguis Silence...more specifically, what I was going to do with the territory and the remaining pack members...