Chapter 36

Sorry for the late update. I'm still trying to adjust to high school and all this homework. I hope this chapter was worth the wait.

****************

We packed up everything necessary for our new home. I can't stay here. It will only remind me of the island it once was. Filled with happiness, fairies, magic, my family. My throat had a big lump in it, thinking of the fact that almost everyone died, even Clarion.

At night we sprinkled pixie dust over ourselves and stuff and set off towards the Enchanted Forest, where most of the fairies decided to move. Everything was easy to carry since it was basically floating. We finally made it to the shore, I made sure no one saw us by making us invisible. I made a cart and put our stuff on it and we rolled into a small town, while I revealed us so that we can be seen.

Over time we built a house, without magic. I wanted to live a normal life, plus we need the exercise. We've made friends with some of the neighbors. We got married a few months after we settled. About 5 years later we had a child, rumplestiltiskin.

Suddenly he started to cry. I walked over to the crib. "shhh... mama's here" I said as I picked him up. I held him close and bounced him slightly. Then Peter arrived home, or should I say Malcolm. Peter decided to changed his name, but I kept mine the same.

He gave me a small kiss then gave his attention to rumple. He smiled big and started talking to the baby. He picked him up out of my arms and started playing with him. I walked to the kitchen and made rumple a bottle. I handed Peter the bottle and he began to feed the baby. I sat down in my chair and watched him. Peter has come a long way.

I learned a lot about peter's past over the past few years. It turns out his middle name is Malcolm. He had a mom and a sister. His dad was a drunk. Even though it was years ago he still has vivid memories of it. His dad would beat on his mom and Peter would get hurt in the process of trying to defend her. It was his idea to leave.

They saved up money over the years when they finally saved up enough all three of them left while his dad was out, probably getting even more drunk. They got on a ship that met dangerous waves that sunk the ship. Peter was the only on that survived out of his family.

--------

Peter glanced over at me and he bounced and burped baby rumple. he smiled at me. I gave him a small smile back. An hour or so later we were sitting in the kitchen eating and quietly talking and rumple was in another room sound asleep.

We walked to our room hand in hand.

-------

He washed up on the shore of Neverland. He had lost his family like I did. He blamed himself for their death. It was his idea to leave. He had met fairies along the way that tried to take him in, but he was sour towards them. he was cold hearted. He felt empty. he killed many innocent fairies that got in his way. Eventually the fairies had stopped attempting to comfort him. Anything angered him easily. Over the years he began to show mercy and build his army of lost boys.

---------

We both laid there staring at each other.

"I love you" he said breaking the silence. I smiled.

"I love you too"

We sat there in silence again, staring into each other's eyes.

" Everything made sense when I first met you."

I smiled thinking about the day we met. I was very skeptical of him. I smiled even wider thinking about when I thought about when I tried to chase him in an attempt to get my glasses back.

" I used to blame myself for the death of my mom and sister. I would dread it everyday. I would always hear the phrase everything happens for a reason and I could never understand why did they have to die, then I met you. If I never left that house I would've never known what it would be like to fall in love with you. If the boat never sunk I would've never ended up on Neverland. Thanks to you, I have no regrets."

I smiled thinking of the day he told me "everything happens for a reason. We may not know at the time, but it's going to affect our future, for the best." It all makes sense now. If my parents never died I would've never met Thomas, the lost boys, the fairies, or Peter. If the war never happened I would've never moved to this beautiful town and I would've never had my beautiful child.

We both kissed and hugged. I fell asleep in his arms. The place where I felt safest. A place I would've never known about if my past didn't go the way it did.

*********

I'm excited about season four tomorrow, we'll later today since I'm updating this at 2:30 am. I think I'll post the next chapter later, but I might not, depending on if I have time.

Vote

Comment

Spread the word

Thanks,

MsSterling