Chapter 28

Dymond and Amber visited and we had had a brief conversation, said our goodbyes and they left.

Then Caleb walked in.

"Hey" I smiled at him.
He sat down in the chair beside my bed.

"Hey" he responded. He grabbed my hand and started rubbing weird patterns on my hand. He stared down at my hand. I tensed up at his action, but he didn't notice.

"I'm going to miss you."
"I'm going to miss you too."

We sat there for a moment in silence.
"I'm glad I met you, you make me feel different, in a good way."

He looked me in the eye. I'm confused. I guess my face showed it too. He cupped my face with his left hand. He leaned in closer to me.

"I think I'm in love with you, Michelle"
He whispered.

I wish he never said that. How am I suppose to let him down easily? I don't want to hurt him. I never wanted us to be more than friends. I never wanted him to fall for me so this moment would never happen.

"I love you too" I said. He leaned in to kiss me. I brought my hand up and stopped him. "as a friend"

I guess that was the wrong strategy to use because he looked like his heart just shattered.

"I'm sorry" I apologized.
"Don't be. Is there someone else?"

I shouldn't tell him. That would hurt him even more. My silence only made him mad.
"Who is it?"
He said agitated.

I didn't know what to say. His grip tightened on my hand.

"It's Peter isn't it? Why? Why even bother with him. He used you. He doesn't care about you."

His grip tightened even more, I yelped out on pain. he realized this and let go of my hand. My eyes started to water.

"That's not true" I said in a low voice, my throat started to hurt.

"It is true. He cheated on you! He kissed her right in front of you! He would've used you just like every girl he's dated if he didn't know you're a witch!"

"Shut up! I didn't ask for you to lecture me. I can handle myself and control my own life"
I yelled at him.
"You need to realize the truth"
"Get out" I said dropping my voice below a whisper.

"What?"
"I said get out!"
I yelled at him. I don't need all this stress on me before I leave. He frowned at me.

"Fine, I'll leave."
"Good!"

He left. I sat in the room alone for five minutes, enough time for me to cool down. I know I shouldn't, but I still have feelings for Peter. My door creaked as it slowly opened. Peter walked in.

I felt butterflies in my stomach. I felt so happy. I had to hide it though. I tried my best not to smile. He sat in the chair. He leaned towards me. he had his hands clasped with his elbows resting on his knees. He looked up at me and raised his eyebrows.

"Hey"
"Hey"

"I'm sorry. I should've never played you"
"I forgive you"

I stared at my hand and played with them. Peter looked at my hands too.

"You still have it?"

I looked at him confused.
"Have what?"
He smirked. "the butterfly" he replied.

I looked at the green colored butterfly on my wrist. I smiled

"Yeah" I said looking at him.

***********
PETER'S POV

"Can we start over?" I asked her.
She nodded her head. I smiled thinking about the first time I met her.

I extended my hand out.

"I'm Peter, Peter Pan"

She grabbed my hand and shook it.

"Michelle, Michelle Parker" she smiled and bit her lip.

She tugged my hand closer to her. I leaned in closer in response. She opened her arms wide. I wrapped my arms around her small body. She hugged me back tightly. We sat there hugging in silence as she played with my hair. I smelled her hair. She must've washed it recently because it smelled like green apples.

"I'm glad you came"
I could feel her hot breath against my ear.

"I'm glad I came too"
I helped her lay back against the cot. She laid back on her pillow and turned her head and stared at me. Her eyes changed colors. They went from brown to purple with glowing gold specks in them. She smiled and her eyes fluttered shut.