Chapter 35

~A/N~

I haven't updated in about a week so here you go =3

Good news, originally I was going to do one more chapter after this, but I figured out a way to extend it a little more.

**********

I woke up in a hospital bed. The first person I saw was Peter. He was asleep. I felt a hand holding mine. I looked down and smiled, it was his. I squeezed his hand. He didn't wake up. I leaned over and gave him a short kiss on his lips. He didn't wake up.

I frowned. I whispered in his ear. "Peeeeter" I repeated his name louder, then I yelled it. He swatted near his ear and slapped me. I got mad and before I thought about it I back handed him across his face.

He woke up holding his face. His eyes shut closed tightly. "Owwwww" he looked up at me and his eyes widened. I shrugged. "You slapped me first"

He hugged me instantly.

"I thought you would never wake up."
I chuckled and hugged him back. "How long was I out?" Peter sat back in his chair.

"Two weeks"
"Woah that's long. Dang, no one else wanted to wait on me?" I looked around the room.
"Where is everyone else?"

He looked at the ground, not looking me in the eye.
"Peter?"
Another moment of silence. Then it all hit me like a head on train.

"Cynthia! I have to kill her!"
"You killed her and we burned her to make sure she was dead."
"Good, where's Dymond and amber?"

Suddenly my mind was filled with the battle scene. I walked through it. Everything moving in slow motion. I saw Dymond and amber's lifeless bodies lying on the ground. I turned around to watch a mermaid snap Caleb's neck from behind.

An arrow went past me, slowly. I followed my gaze towards its target. Thomas was in the way. I ran and tried to grab the arrow but my hand went through it like I was a ghost. It hit him right in the chest. He fell to the ground hyperventilating. It reminded me when I watched my younger self cut my wrist.

I was mad. Why wasn't I there with them? I actually had a chance to help him stay calm and die happily. He was scared and alone like how I was in that dark room and I wasn't there for him.

The scene changed back to Peter.

"It's all my fault"
"What do you mean?"
"They all died because of me. It's my fault. I lost the people I loved, my family. I haven't had a family for ten years and now they're gone and it's all my fault."
"It's not your fault"
"It is my fault! I should've killed her the first time, but I stopped. I should've never listened to you! I should've killed her then! If I didn't listen to you, this would've never happened!"
I was angry and I wanted to blame this on someone else.

"Don't blame this on me, Michelle! It was going to happen anyway. It's in the prophecy. It wasn't time for you to kill her then. Everything happens for a reason. We may not know why at the time, but it's going to affect our future, for the best"

He wasn't mad at me. He knows that I'm upset. I finally let the tears flow. Peter sat next to me on the bed and Held me tightly. I let my tears stream down my face, soaking his shirt.

~A/N~
also I decided to go ahead and post the first three chapters of my jack frost fan fic, check it out!