XXXV

Chapter Thirty Four : Welcome Home Dhaz

Cash was running around like a chicken whose lost its head trying to make sure everything was in order for dhaz's homecoming. After a long four years he was finally being released from prison and Cash honestly didn't know how to feel about it .

She loved her brother and she knew that he loved her as well but they had a complicated relationship and she just didn't want things to go back to the way they were four years ago . She hoped that he came out a better man and wasn't on the same money hungry , power hungry shit as before .

" what time are you going to pick him up for tomorrow , you want me to ride with you ? " Coco asked his best friend as he walked alongside her in the mall as she was looking for an outfit for him to wear to his welcome home gathering .

It was going to be a small event since he didn't have many friends but he really didn't care if no one showed up he just wanted to see his sister and kids .

" Early in the morning , and that's okay I want to have a one on one talk to him " Cash said.

" so what's going to happen with ionesty and terrell are you just going to send them to live with dhaz now ? " coco asked .

" I don't know , I understand that they're his kids but they're comfortable at my house and I don't wanna take them out of their comfort zone they've been moved around and bounced around enough and even though he's their daddy and they know who he is they don't really know him like that so i don't want them to feel you know " Cash explained .

" I understand , and how does riq feel about dhaz coming home ? " Coco asked .

" He isn't really verbal about that , whenever I say something about dhaz he changes the subject . I don't know how to feel about it either , don't get me wrong I love my brother and this is a sad thing to say but these four years he's been locked up is the best our relationship has been and I just hope he doesn't go back to his harsh ways once he gets on his feet " Cash vented .

" If he does then you have to cut him lose , I know that's your family but family can be toxic to . Take that from somebody who's whole family disowned them because of what they chose to date . Your happy for once in life and I want it to stay that way , you don't owe dhaz anything " Coco preached and Cash nodded .

" Cashmere ? " She heard someone call out cutting off their conversation causing her to look back to see who was calling her .

" Quan ? " She asked .

" Yeah its me " He said as he walked up to her and pulled her into a tight hug . " You got so big " He said as he looked her up and down .

" You grew up too , I mean your ass is still scrawny but you definitely grew into your looks " She said .

" You trynna say I was ugly before ? " He asked holding his hand over his heart like he was offended .

" No , you were cute then but you're handsome now " She said .

" So Cashmere the only one you see , you don't remember me ?" Coco asked butting into their conversation.

" Coco ? " He asked and coco nodded . " My bad , you just look so different now bro or do your wanna be called sis ? " he asked .