Chapter 9

Josh Pov

-

I noticed that since being at Trench Tyler was doing much better. He was now giving me one word answers to things instead of not talking at all. Tyler was still having nightmares and hadn’t opened up about his life before being hospitalized, but what was more important is that he was comfortably adjusting to the new environment and had already filled one notebook after a week.

Tyler pov

-

I had been at trench for a week and so far i had become more comfortable talking to Josh but only a few words. The journal he had given me was full already with drawings, lyrics, and poems. My most recent ones were about this man i saw in my dreams named nicolas bourbaki but those who now him most know he goes by nico. After Zack helped me block out blurryface i had flashes of nico and these nine bishops, burning cars, torches, and vultures but never a full dream until i got to Trench.

The first dream i had started off with myself with a black neck and hands resembling blurryface. I was watching myself as i got on a burnt car when i crouched down and said, “We've been here the whole time, you were sleeping. It's time to wake up.”

I suddenly felt like i was in my own body again, but when i opened my eyes i was laying in a stream in a valley. I got up and started walking when i noticed figures on the cliffs above me and took a minute to look around. I couldn't tell if they were there to hurt me or not. In the distance i could hear a horse and when i looked to where the sound was coming from i saw a figure in a red cape and i immediately knew that it was nico but i didn't move almost as if i couldn't. When he got to me he pressed his hands against the sides of my neck, putting black paint back onto me. This paint took over my mind making it hard to breath or think. I was following nico against my will as if he had control over my feet. Some lyrics i had written yesterday came to mind as i walked so i started to whisper them to myself.

“I'll be right there
But you'll have to grab my throat and lift me in the air
If you need anyone
I'll stop my plans (I'll stop my plans)
But you'll have to tie me down and then break both my hands
If you need anyone”

As i was singing to myself the figures on the cliffs started throwing yellow gerbera daisy petals into the valley. They are my favorite flower because they symbolize happiness and innocence, two things i have lost but hope to gain again.

As i was staring at these petals i looked at nico as his horse began to freak out and i realized that that wasn't nico but possibly blurryface was back.  So then who is nico? Or is this nico?

On the cliffs as i was looking around i spotted two figures next to each other. One had a yellow x over his heart but a bandana covering his face. For a second it looked like Josh from the build and facial structure, and the person next to him had their hair pulled back but from the golden blonde hair it looked like Jenna. I thought about it for a few seconds before i decided that i needed to get away. I could feel the paint on my neck begin to fade as i gained control. I turned to run away and ran as fast as i could until i tripped in the water and everything started to go black. The last thing i saw was the red caped figure grabbing my legs to pull me away. I felt a flower in my hands and saw only one person on the cliffs now. The mysterious X taped man. I shut my eyes for a few minutes and when i opened them i was back in my room at Trench.

I sat up in bed quickly and looked around. My breathing was fast and i was sweaty and panicked.

I looked at the clock in my room and saw that it was 2:00am meaning i had only slept for 2 hours since falling asleep, but now i was wide awake couldn't shut my eyes without thinking about that valley. So, i grabbed my journal and wrote the whole dream down before just writing down some lyrics.  

Before i knew it it 9am and Brendon walked in to wake me up.

“Oh. Good Morning Tyler. I see you're already awake. How'd you sleep? You look a little tired”

I definitely was tired but i didn't want to sleep until it was light out since the dark made any dream much scarier.

“um...yeah i didn’t sleep well”

“Okay well Josh knows how important sleep is so if you like like to nap for an hour or two i can come wake you up then.”

I was surprised by this offer. In Dema they had a very strict schedule and never allowed naps even if i hadn't slept all night.

“are...are you sure?”

Brendon nodded

“100 percent. I'll be back in 2 hours to wake you up okay? I'll let Josh know so don't worry.”

“okay”

He turned to leave as i layed back down

“wait..Brendon?”

“Yeah?”

“um..thanks”

“you're welcome Tyler. Now get some sleep my dude”

He walked away, and a few minutes later i had fallen into a dreamless sleep.

I woke up to Brendon gently shaking me awake again

“Hey Tyler. Time to get up. Breakfast is ready in the dining area and after you eat you'll have a session with Josh.”

I sat up and headed to breakfast before meeting with Josh. He was probably gonna ask about why i had little sleep last night and what i filled my journal with. I still hadn't decided if i wanted to tell Josh that i saw someone in my dream who reminded me of him.

Either way i knew i was probably gonna have plenty more crazy dreams anyway.

Stay Alive ||-//