What You Should Know About Easter

Before I wish you Happy Easter Celebration, I should tell you what Easter Actually Means..

"And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of unleavened bread.) And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people. (Acts 12:3, 4 KJV)

The phrase "unleavened bread" and the Word "Easter" and another Word "Passover" means the same thing in the Bible.

It was Moses instructed practice among the Jews in the Old Testament. It was a whole week the Jews eat bread that has no Yeast.

The Reason was..

"...because you left Egypt in a hurry. So all your life you will remember the time you left Egypt. (Deuteronomy 16:3 NCV)

The Idea behind Easter was for the Jews to REMEMBER the Day The Lord delivered them from the hand of the Egyptians.

What Does Easter Now Mean To Us..

Easter was the Day God delivered us from the Dominion of Satan by sending Jesus Christ His only begotten Son to die for The whole world.

Isaiah wrote about Easter Day..

"Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. (Isaiah 53:4, 5 KJV)

The Good news is that when Jesus died he didn't remain in the grave, death couldn't hold him. He is Alive! Hallelujah.

Happy Easter Celebration.