10.✔

Aurora Dallis

Sam's POV

Ezra and I spent the day at the beach. I wanted to surprise him with it because he's been so worried about his dad. I even brought a blanket and a little picnic basket.

Ezra smiled wearing his all black sweater the hoodie on his head. It wasn't a cool day but still warm. Ezra smiled down at me as I set up our space. "How did I get so lucky"

"What do you mean" I asked Ezra came and sat behind me.

I watched shils the bay, slowly curled round the sea, like the moon, standing out against its background, impossible to look away from. The sun hit the sand turning it a heart-achingly beautiful gold. The sea sparkled like a beautiful blue sky but more beautiful than ever.

"I don't how I got so lucky and got blessed with you" he said holding me close. My back resting against his chest.

Despite the lack of people and creatures it was no where near lonely and it seemed like the heaving sea itself was a creature. Giving itself company.

"I just wanted to make me happy, and give you something special" he kissed my cheek, and it made smile.

I opened up the basic and pulled out sub sandwiches, and other snacks. Without hesitation Ezra demolished most of the food, leaving me with my own food.

"Do you know how long it took me to prepare this?" I said looking at him in disbelief. He laughed.

"You got anymore"

"No! I don't you sit and think about how your fat ass just ate all this food by yourself" I said dramatically. Ezra fell over in laughter.

"Babe this isn't funny" still he laughed I threw a grape at him. "Ow really you want to start a food fight" he asked.

"Defintellllyyyy..... not" I told him he gave me another kiss. "You know I love you right" I nodded.

"Yes I know"

"And you know I love the hell out of you right and there is nothing and no one who could change that?" He said holding me tightly. His long legs outstretched passed mine.

"Yes I know all if these things. Why?"

"There's something I need to tell you" he said.

"Which is?"

"An old pack of ours is coming to visit their allies of course" he explained, than doing a dramatic pause.

"Ehats with the pregnancy pause" he laughed. "The what?" He said through laughter.

"The pregnancy pause" I said again, Ezra was cackling with laughter. "Oh my god it's when someone pauses at the end of a sentence, all dramatically when their gonna say their pregnant" I explained feeling a little embarrassed.

"Wow" Ezra said. "Okay now what are you about to tell me" I question cuddling up close to him.

"Well um, the alpha's daughter in this pack I was supposetobemarryher" he says the last part so fast I can't understand.

"Repeat that" I say. He takes a deep breath. "Okay there's this girl Aurora she's the alpha's daughter in I was suppose to um marry her" I sat up lookin back him.

"Marry who?" I said feeling my inner Leah sass coming out. "Babe it's not that serious"

"Not that freaking serious? Did you hear yourself. Your inviting the bitch that your suppose to marry" I exclaimed in full Leah sassy mode now. He was shocked by my sudden outburst.

I scoffed. "If you can't see just how serious that is than your out of your mind. Ezra how do you know this Aurora chick doesn't still have feelings for you. Or holding a grudge because you've found your met."

Ezra tried to soothe me but I wasn't having it I needed answers. "Babe-"

"Don't you babe me. You know what answer this question, did you guys have sex?" Ezra sighed not daring to make eye contact with me, I could hear his heart had sped up.

"Yea but-"

"How long ago?"

"Samm-"

"Ezra how fucking long ago"

"A week before I found out you were a mate but when I found out I ended it told her and her father-"

"Ezra no. Hell no how do you I know I'm not some rebound from this Aurora chick. How long were you two-"

"Two months"

"Two months" I held back my tears for as long as I could. "Why is she coming back now?" I questioned.

"I don't know, I guess to talk-"

"Talk about what Ezra! Huh what is there that needs to be said that wasn't said when you broke up with her?!" That's when the tears came and once again the wall I worked so hard to fucking keep up broke.

I got up walking away from him, he followed of course but I kept going. "Sammy stop walking"

"Ezra get the hell away from me, if you know what is good for you" hot tears rolled down my face, anger boiling over in me.

I made my way to the woods doing something I've never thought to do in broad daylight. I changed, I stripped off my shirt and pants feeling my bones crack, my face change hair cover my body. Gray felt so happy to be free, and it felt even better to let him out. He howled loudly. Shaking his head.

Its okay I'm here, I will protect us both. Gray assured me as we begin running. I hadn't been on a run in months, and it felt heavenly. The speed I was going, the wind in my fur everything going by in a blur. I'm only focused on what's in front of me.

I ended up at a clearing, and it was beautiful I think I was at the edge of town. Looking over Autumn Falls. The grass was green and beautiful I laid down, than begin rolling around. Gray had a blast and so did I. When we had ran enough that we were no longer angry.

We went home I ended up grabbing some clothes along the way. When I got home sitting on my front porch was my dad. "Where the hell have you been?"

"I went for a run" my dad looked at me surprised. "A run" he said.

"Yeah dad a run. It felt great I think I should do it more often" I said chuckling. Just as we were going inside Ezra pulled up. My dad gave me the infamous 'do you want me to handle it' look. I shook my head, giving him a reassuring look that I could handle it.

He went inside but I knew he would be watching out the window. "Hi" he said.

"Hi" I crossed my arms. "Look baby-"

"Hoesntly Ezra let's not. Okay not tonight. I'm still hurt and I got over my anger, but this is something I need time to cope with" he nodded.

"About what I said at the beach Sammy, I meant every fucking word. I love you, your not a rebound, you mean the world to me. You are the world to me and I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I love you. Your not the rebound you'll never be anything less than the love of my life, my soulmate, and the only person in this world that has my heart" before he left he hugged me and i had to hug him back.

"I love you" he whispered before kissing my head than letting me go. And it pained me to let him walk away but I really just needed time to let it all soak in.