Where it all started: PART 2 ✔

PAST - 10 years before.

There is no doubt that Janet despised her adopted sister Isabelle. Janet was 8 years old when her mother miscarried. Her mother wasn't normal after that until her father decided to adopt a little girl from an orphan home after asking Janet as well. Since she never was able to look at her little sister, she desperately wanted someone in her place. It was then the 4-year old Isabelle came into the picture. Just like her father expected, her mother became normal again. She started loving Isabelle with all her heart and took in her as her dead unborn daughter. And just like that, Janet lost her mother's love or that is what she thought. Isabelle became the favourite child of the whole Pack. Janet felt like she lost her parents love forever. She would always beat and injure Isabelle when her parents were not around. One such time, she was caught yelling at her sister, calling her names. Her father asked her why she did that to her sister. Her answer surprised him.

"My sister died! She is not my sister!"

Her father tried to reason her, which only made her more adamant. She became more aggressive towards the little girl. With their Alpha's advice, Janet was sent to a hostel in the name of education purpose. But she knew the real reason behind it.

A few years later she came back to the Pack only to find Isabella, as a beautiful woman she never thought of. But she tried her best to be a big sister for her, even though it was tough. She kept the facade of a  responsible big sister while always hating the existence of her adopted sister and waiting for the time to make her suffer.

 She felt jealous when she found her childhood crush, turned out to be Isabella's mate and one of the Pack's best warrior. Even though she found her mate, got married and had a son, she never felt contended with it. Adding up to it, her mate died in a Rogue's attack. That was the time when Isabelle married and had a daughter. Her suppressed anger and jealousy overflew again. 

 The night of the Rogue's attack when Isabelle went into the fiery building to save the Beta, Janet was so sure that Isabelle won't make it. But when she found the Beta, limping out of the building. She knew that Isabelle will make it as well. She felt nothing but pure rage. And then an evil thought came into her mind when she found Isabelle's little girl clinging onto her side. Without even bothering to find if Isabelle made it out or not, she walked away with her son and Isabelle's daughter.  

~*~

Janet walked slowly along the muddy forest with her son and a little girl, for almost 2 days stopping for two or three times to drink water from freshwater sources. She had no idea of where she was going. But she knew that the place she was heading doesn't belong to the Rogues. Because if it, she would be dead by now. When she was about to pass a tall tree, she saw a rusty iron board, hanging over it. 

When she saw the symbol of a waning crescent moon, she knew that she was about to enter Crescent moon Pack. It was one of the strongest Packs in the world. It was known for the existence of more Feral wolf's. Most of the Pack's previous Alpha's are feral and stronger than the normal wolves, which ultimately made them the stronger pack.

Janet stood there contemplating whether to enter the territory or not. But the thought of leading a new life with her son in a new Pack where she might find the people who love her made her chose to enter the Pack territory. One-step and they will enter the pack territory.

She smirked when a plan formed in her devious mind involving the little girl. She held her son's hand tightly, while he was looking around in a confused manner. He hit his head when he fell during the fire. He woke up not recognising his mother, which confirmed that the injury affected his mental recognition state. Her tending to his injury didn't help at all. She finally came into a conclusion. Amnesia, to say exactly, is very rare for a wolf.

The little girl who held onto Zach's hand as she was her aunt looking at her. Janet gave a fake smile and went on her knee's in front of the girl.

Janet looked at her son and said softly, "Zach, will you please go around and look if anyone is her."

"O-okay," said Zach and unlinked his hand from the little girl. He turned and looked around. Janet glared at the little girl and she knew what she had to do.

~*~

A few minutes later, Janet entered the pack territory, she heard howls of the wolves. She stopped and searched for the wolves. When she found none, she took a few steps ahead only to be stopped by the Pack of wolves surrounding her from all the sides. One among the wolves looked bigger, vicious and emitted the air of authority. She immediately knew who it was. So she went on her knees and made her son do the same, submitting.

The Alpha wolf took threatening steps towards them until they were a few steps closer to him. She bent forward with her hands on the ground as she knew that her braveness ticks a wolf's patience sooner than anything.  The wolf sensed their surrender and snarled taking his snout towards Janet's head, which was bent low. 

Within the next few minutes, the wolves took Janet and her son and headed to the Pack's house. The Alpha stopped, making the other wolve's stop all of sudden. 

"What happened, Alpha?" one of the wolves asked.

"I heard something," the Alpha answered.

"I didn't hear anything," said another wolf. 

Being an Alpha wolf, his senses will be more powerful than the regular wolves. So he asked them to leave and that he will follow them after making sure that nothing tailed them. He walked slowly to find at least a faint scent of what he was searching for. When finally he caught one. He knew that it was just a pup because of its soft and light scent.

He made his way, slowly to the tree, whose behind he heard a moment.

Within a second, he stood in front of a naive small pup that he had ever seen. Her beauty is unquestionable. Innocence is dripping from her big black eyes. She pulled her knees towards her chest tightly as she saw the wolf hovering over her. Her chin quivered in fear and tears were already flowing out of her doe-like eyes, freely.

 The Alpha wolf growled making the pup whimper more. The wolf rubbed its snout on the girl's hair, to sense a scent from her, anything to know if she is just a pup or a coy. When he found her scent clean, he quietened down, making the little girl come out of her curled position. She ran her hand towards the wolf's snout. It was then, the wolf caught a glimpse of the chain hanging around her neck. He knew what it was meant for. The crystal pendant of the chain was something that represents the work of witches to protect themselves, from any wolf's attack.

And he lost his cool. He snarled, snapping his teeth angrily in front of her face.  His snarls grew louder and louder. In a matter of seconds, the Alpha fell to the ground in pain and howled louder than ever.

 Two of the wolves came back, leaving Janet and her son with the others. Whey saw their Alpha's unconscious human from in front of the little girl.

~*~

The Pack's doctor confirmed that their Alpha was sent into the state of Coma due to the energy emerged from the crystal pendant that the little girl is wearing. And just like that, everything changed for her.

~*~

Edited: 14-04-2020