Death Comes

Jack Morrison. Soldier 76. The man who trained you and made you part of the family you never thought would accept you (Which some dont). The man who gave you the benefit of the doubt. Your comfort, and your first true love. You were horrified, mouth parting and watching as the man turned monster looked to the decapitated head within his gloved hand. Blue, icy, glowing eyes flickered below his mask, now staring at you instead of his prize and a twisted smile seemed to form on the expressionless mask. Blood pooled at his boots, his gun raised up in his other hand. It was morphed to be part chainsaw, with a hanging chain and it actually whirred partially into life.

You were petrified. That wasn't Jack Morrison.

That was a monster.

His head tilted to a 45 degree angle, blue eyes now boring into your figure and you couldn't help but freeze up. Your throat was taut, body rigid and unable to move as he slowly stalked forward. How were you supposed to fight him? This was the man that practically got you back on a healthy mental track. Your feet started to move back as he approached you, heart beating rapidly in your chest. It was then he started to move faster, and you immediately begun to turn and flee.

Your whole body felt like it was on fire, electricity bouncing off the hairs on your body as you felt his gaze bore into your back. Everything was wrong. This had to be a nightmare. You couldn't hold back anymore, your anxiety starting to kick in as you found yourself winding through the streets with his rapid movements behind you. He was going to kill you.

And you didn't know if you were going to make it.

You stood there at the end of a long walkway, a gaping hole into an abandoned building to your left being your only exit. The soft whirring of the gun alerted you that he was just a few feet away- blocking the entrance. Slowly, you turned to face him. Your feet were placed so you could easily bound through the ledge and into the building, and your legs were wobbling.

"J-J-Jack, you dont have to do this," you shakily called out.

In response was a subtle head tilt, and a soft chuckle from his chest as he lunged.

You dove to your right and launched over the ledge. A sharp cry of pain escaped your lips, feeling the sharp blades of the chainsaw piece dig into your back. It left a gash from your left shoulder and curved over your shoulder blades and ended about mid back. Blood spluttered across his body, oozing thickly down your back as your body immediately jolted and locked into place.

It wasn't deep that it hit nerves or the spinal chord- but it was enough to stun you. The pain was with searing heat, your attention on that as you forced yourself to stumble to your feet and rush into the cover of the darkness. You rounded a corner, debris being scattered across the floor and your sole attention on finding an exit in the death trap. It was winding and littered with parts of the falling building. Old wheelchairs and pieces of other equipment such as that left forgotten in different spaces of rooms.

The moon shown in a window off to your right, casting silver light through any opening to hopefully guide you to safety. What kept driving you forward was the menacing breaths from behind you- constantly alerting you that you were being hunted down like a wild animal. It was always an echo, reverberating off the forgotten and decaying walls. The noise left you wondering how close the man truly was- with only his bloodlust to keep him on your heels.

You tucked away into a dark corner, blood still seeping down your back and pain exploding across your nerves. It wasn't a clean cut either- the skin was torn and ripped up, searing and just choppy; he clearly had this to keep track of his victims.  You tenderly pressed your back to the wall, feeling the droplets splash against your exposed ankles as you hesitated to make any more movements. A servo was clamped over your mouth, steadying your breathing as fear finally settled in your veins. The very faint breathing was heard, a distant glow of blue illuminating the long corridor. There were upturned tables and yellowed papers, with miscellaneous objects obscuring the way as his figure stalked after the drops of blood.

You had to find a way to stifle the bleeding. A way to cauterize it- a way to- your thinking abruptly halted. Jaw tightening, your eyes lifted to the now bright blue light that was just outside your door. Slowly, you lowered to your haunches and used your fingertips to guide your feet as you shuffled silently to the other side of the room. You were tucked below the windowsill, using its shadow to hide you.  A mistake really, because you were intently focused on that non-moving light that your figure hit a chair. The rustic object scuffled, making a high pitched screech when it was disturbed from its rest and alerted the hunter outside the door frame.

His massive figure stepped into the room, his eyes now on you and alighting you in a blue glow. Your blood turned to ice, and your flight instincts took over. You launched your body across the room, body slamming into a table that was heaved and stationary against the second entrance. It was an awkward and painful flip, hip being caught on the edge of the table and your shoulder hitting the floor first before hitting the side of your head. Another pain brought focus from your back to your throbbing head, pushing yourself to your feet and you bolted down the way you came.

It was a series of twists and turns, sliding across the floor and slamming against a wall before rushing down a flight of steps. It was considerably darker, but definitely harder for him to follow you. Your eyes quickly adjusted to the dim lighting, splotches across the floor that were easily mingling in with your drops of blood. You now had the upper advantage- if you could stay silent.

You carefully rounded a corner, finding silver light pooling out the far end. That would be your escape. The sound of your rushing footsteps echoed the area, body feeling hot and sweat burning your wound as it kissed it in greeting. It wasn't long before you heard heavy footfalls behind you, your panic now settling in further. The end was near- you could escape and that pushed you to move faster. As the warm night breeze filtered through, you found yourself leaping out through the opening and into the place that once offered you a home.

The place where Alonzo resides.

Adrenaline settled in, the few people that were in the open now hiding when they saw you tumble over the dirty ground. You laid there, forearms supporting you as your whole frame shook from the excruciating heat from your back. You could feel the warm blood begin to slow down, your neck craning and daring to stare at the man who had followed you. His blue gaze was intense, his gun raised. It looked like he was ready to hurt you- and as you watched the chainsaw whirr into life you prayed for forgiveness. You didn't know who to- but you believed someone was listening.

In which- he raised his weapon up and struck down and a flicker of white and gold crossed your vision. Your eyes went wide, making eye contact with the woman you know as Angela and felt everything inside you die.

Blood splattered over your face and down your front as you partially rolled over, her limp frame discarded to the side. Slowly, your eyes turned up to the man that hurt your friend- or possibly killed her- and gave a loud snarl.

"You're not Jack Morrison!" You gave a screech, body forcing itself across the way, and took him down when you wrapped your arms around his legs.

This fight is about his life or your life- and you were going to kill the monster.