Día de Muertos

Michael Meyers had nothing on the massacre that had happened within a small town near Dorado. It was a massacre, with blood splattering walls, ceilings, windows and even floors. There was a weeping river of the deep red liquid, and curtains stained with it. There was even flesh and muscle torn and strewn about, with organs being picked apart by large black ravens. Flies buzzed across the air, the sickening stench of death filling the air and the hot of the sun worsened the smells and the conditions of the rotting bodies.

Reaper stood with a cloak wrapped about him, creating nothing but a long and black blob in the midst of the hot day. The shadows from the sun were cast over his shoulder and made him even more menacing than before. His red eyes glimmered below his mask, and his clawed hand merely revealed itself when he plucked up a black, wispy orb and peered at its ruby center. His head tilted, his other hand partially lifting his mask and the orb was pushed into his mouth with the sharp tip of his claw. Soft, wispy tendrils from the orb writhed between his pale and scarred lips, before jerking violently and then disappearing altogether. Reaper then placed his mask in its rightful spot.

He smirked to himself. The plan was following every order that was set into motion. You would take the bait and arrive in Dorado and fall into his trap. As the leader mulled over this, he took another orb and shoved it into his mouth. His left cheek puffed out like a chipmunk holding a fat acorn in its cheek pouch. However, the orb was quickly consumed and the mask back in place. Joining his side was Moira, the long and slender woman standing tall and steepling her fingers. Her gaze shifted to her cloaked leader then, seeing his off white mask tilt as he turned to silently address her.

"Do you think she'll be ready to face him in Dorado?" Moira questioned lightly.

For a brief moment, Reaper almost felt annoyed by the suggestion that you weren't ready for what they had in store. That was the whole point, wasn't it? If their enemy was on equal strength and ground then they wouldn't be good foes. They had to remain in a perfect balance of a dance that had sides shifting and growing more powerful than the other in some instances. If the balance was upset, everything could fall into chaos and a new challenger or threat could arise. So when his body fully turned to her, the multitudes of viles strapped over his chest and the loose belts hanging crooked at his hips, scared her.

"Within reason of course," she corrected herself quickly. "She may still be a bit weak from when we had taken him."

His white mask turned to the figure he was left to trail, sighing gently. "We've given them a few days to recover and sniff at stale trails. She is more than ready."

Moira looked at her leader as he glided on forward, and soon looked at the monster she created. This was going to be fun for them- but for you? Well, you'd have to find out.

Your intense searching was interrupted by your comm crackling and a voice being ushered loud and clear in your ear. It had startled you, the ruins of the town filled with a lead that you believed to point towards the group known as Talon. It was set up quite intricately, and you were just beginning to piece everything together to find out it was a massive message saying, nyeh heh heh. We fooled you!

But in a more crude way.

"__(Y/N)__, there's been a massacre in the town outskirts of Dorado. Mercy will join you in finding out what happened to the group," Winston's deep voice explained.

You looked at the hovering bike to your right, lips curling back into a frown and sighing. "Alright. Any leads anywhere else?"

"No, it's a rough patch. Everywhere else we've been getting results into dead ends. I think they're trying to lead you to multiple ends," Winston sounded a bit pitiful, and it kind of annoyed you.

You elicited to ignore the tone and your feelings, getting up and making way to the bike. Your body easily sat across the comfortable seat, body pressing down and the sportiness of the vehicle coming into effect as it powered on. It raised up into the air, sand kicked up by its hot blasting vents and you sped off in the direction of the small town. It was a somewhat peaceful ride, the sun blaring down and heating up the sand ever more.

Snakes slid sideways across the warm grains, hissing if you came too close. When you came to the town, you slid to a halt and stepped off the vehicle. It was dead, and the scent of rotting bodies hadn't hit your nose quite yet. You rounded a corner, the low quality homes now seeming to part and the wave of horrible stench hit your nose. You nearly gagged, servo gripping your nose and you felt your eyes water. The scent was stuck in your mouth, your lips curling and having to hold in your barf.

Angela joined your side not long later, holding a gloved hand over her nose and mouth. Tears had pricked her eyes, looking to you as you forced yourself to stand your ground. Your head tilted upwards, looking at the trail of bodies that was left for you.

"Its Talon for sure, but there's more to it," you informed the medic seriously, swallowing back a burp and crouched down. Your servo gently nudged the innards of a carcass, almost digging around in it for clues. "There has to be... Why would they take Jack?" you openly thought.

Angela's blond brows furrowed, unable to remove her mouth from her hand as you removed your servo and wiped it over the dusty ground. "Moira works for Talon, alongside Reaper and the others. That could... mean..." she started to trail off, eyes now widening with fear.

You turned, looking up at her and furrowing your brows. "What does it mean?" you questioned gently, now standing upright and curiously tilting your head.

She looked afraid, looking at the town on the horizon. The sun was now fading into the later afternoon, meaning that within a few hours it would sink and give way to night time. "She did something to him, I've never known Talon to be so... brutal like this so openly. The trail-"

"It leads to Dorado," you finished, now looking over the long string of death that left a bloody streak to the mentioned town. You had to swallow your fears now. Whatever Moira did to Jack, it wasn't pretty. "I'm going after them. He needs to stop before the bigger towns and cities are destroyed and slaughtered," you informed seriously, now jogging over to your motorcycle and starting it up.

"He could kill you! Look at what he did to these people!" Angela cried out in protest, grabbing your arm. She held a pleading look, her eyes watering even more- and it was then you realized it wasn't out of the horrid stench, but rather her fears.

You pressed your lips to a thin line, lifting your head and pressing a kiss to her forehead in assurance. "I'm going to bring him home, even if it means that I go home in a casket," your tone was dark, gaze even darker and you immediately sped off in the direction your target went off.

By the time you reached Dorado, a quarter of the city was blocked off and decimated. Your speeding skills drifted you through the back alleys and street ways, finding yourself in the poorer side. You came to a drifting halt, looking around the open street market. Lights were hung up, connected to a circular water fountain in the middle and everything was abandoned. Confetti scattered the streets, items as well. Your attention was now centered on the blood that was pooling on the other side.

You dared step off of your bike, cautiously stalking forward and coming to a halt. Hanging above you was a middle aged man, materialistic items stuffed inside. You could see the materials in the gaping hole of his abdomen, and he was hung up by the pinata strings. A work so cruel, so vile- what did Talon do to get this type of reaction from such a frightened leader of Overwatch?

Something was hit to your right, head snapping to the side and eyes widening with fear at the sight.

That's when you saw him.