Part 8: 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓖𝓵𝓸𝔀𝔂 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰𝔂

"Don't die, I'm going to bed

"Don't die, I'm going to bed."
~*~
Word Count: 2386

The next day, Peter told Ned and I to meet him in the Workshop so I headed over to the Workshop and found Peter and Ned at the table in the back.  "Hey, guys! What did I miss?"

"This." Peter pointed to a small glowing purple orb on the counter.

"What is that?!" I gasped.

"I was actually kind of hoping you could answer that. We've just been calling it the 'glowy-thingy'." Peter said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I think I've seen something kind of like this in Tony's office, but I don't know what it is..." I looked closer at it. I pointed to something connected to it. "Peter, Ned, look. You guys know what that is?"

"It's an inductive charging plate..." Peter realised where I'm going with this.

"That's what I use to charge my toothbrush." Ned pointed out.

"So, whoever's making these weapons is-" Peter started. I could see the wheels turning in his brain as he looked at me like a giant lightbulb just lit up.

"-combining alien tech with ours!" I finished. Ned looked amazed.

"That is literally the coolest sentence anyone has ever said. I just want to thank you two for letting me be a part of your guys' journeys into this amazing—" Ned was interrupted when Peter's fiddling with the glowy-thingy caused the glowy-thingy to go into a defence mode and let out an electric shock with shocked Peter. He jumped back, dropping the glowy-thingy, and grabbing his hand wincing. We looked back kind of worried at the teacher, who surprisingly didn't care about the loud noise we had made and just said,

"Keep your fingers clear of the blades." We turned back to our work.

"We gotta figure out what this is and who's making it." Peter said picking up the glowy-thingy.

"We'll go to the lab after class and run some tests." I decided.

"Let's do it." Ned agreed.

~*~

After class, on our way to the lab, up ahead we saw two guys walking down the hall towards us. Peter all of a sudden panicked, grabbed my arm and pushed me behind him as he turned down a hall, hiding from those guys.
"PETE—" I started, but Peter covered my mouth with his hand and waved Ned to come over and hide with us. I ripped Peter's hand off of my mouth. "Peter-" he cut me off again, shushing me and looking around the corner at those guys.

"Look, but don't let them see you guys. Especially you, Kathy." He whispered.

Why especially me?

"If they find out about who I care about they might go after them... I wouldn't be able to live with myself if anything happened to Kathy because of me..."  Blushing slightly at his thoughts, I squatted down and peeked around the corner.