Wolf Moon

"Why are we even doing this?" I asked, perched on the side of Scott's roof.

"Because it's a freaking dead body!" Stiles exclaimed, struggling to pull himself up as well. "This is like a once in a lifetime opportunity, it'll be awesome!"

"Yes, I'll remember that when we get murdered in the middle of the woods." I laughed. "At least the whole town will remember us as the, awesome teens that found a dead body.

"Mock me now, but just you wait, Montgomery." He said finally pulling himself up all the way.

There was some movement on the porch below us and we froze. That is, until Stiles loses his footing and almost falls off the roof. If it wasn't for me grabbing hold of his foot.

Stiles screams and I hear the screams of Scott below the porch.

"Stiles what the hell are you doing?" Scott shouts.

"You weren't answering your phone!" Stiles defended himself.

"Hey Scott!" I shouted from above him while still holding onto Stiles legs, which were starting to become very heavy.

"Why do you have a bat?" Stiles demands.

"I thought you were a predator." Scott replies.

"A pread- ugh! Look I know it's late, but you gotta hear this! Both our dads left around twenty minutes ago. Dispatch called, they're bringing in every officer from the station and even state police!"

"For what?" Scott asked.

I couldn't hold onto Stiles anymore and his ankle slipped through my grip, dropping him to the ground. It wasn't that far down, but he yelled out in surprise.

"Sorry!" I called out, before sliding off the side of the roof. My feet kinda stung at the impact but the wet ground helped. "Two joggers found a body in the woods." I explained to him.

"A dead body?" He asked in disbelief.

"No, a body of water!" Stiles said slowly getting back on his feet. "Yes, dumbass, a dead body!"

"You mean like, murdered?" He asked.

"Nobody knows yet. Just that it was a girl, probably in her 20s." Stiles said.

"Well, hold on, if they found the body what are they looking for?"

"That's the best part." Stiles grinned. "They only found half."

"We're going." Stiles says looking between the both of us.

"If I get cut in half too, I'm coming back and haunting your ass then." I said jumping off porch.

"It'll be worth it." Stiles shrugs.

"We're seriously doing this?" Scott asked, helping me out of the jeep.

"You guys are the ones always bitching that nothing ever happens in this town." Stiles replies, turning on his flashlight, and heading towards the edge of the reserve.

I followed Stiles, and Scott trailed not too far behind us.

"I was trying to get a good night's sleep before practice tomorrow." Scott says.

"Right... Cause sitting on the bench is such a grueling effort." Stiles mocks him.

"No, because I'm playing this year." Scott says proudly. "In fact I'm making first line."

"Hey, that's the spirit! Everyone should have a dream, even a pathetically unrealistic one." Stiles says.

I shove his shoulder playfully, passing him. "He's got a better shot than you, Stilinski."