Chapter 19 (Trigger Warning)

I woke up to the banging in my head. I opened my eyes and sat up. I was still naked, and still had a mess on my chest. I groaned, tired and hungover.

I can't believe what happened last night. That's so unlike me. Well, It's not really something I do now a days. I couldn't help but feel that I had betrayed Vic. I'm fully aware we've been apart for a few days, but it feels like It's been months. I miss his innocent comments and sympathetic touch. Trouble and Vic are too different. I love Tjs danger element and carelessness about everything, not worrying about any consequences. It was hot. But Vic is smart and caring. Atleast, he was.

I slipped off my bed lazily and peaked out my door. I could see through the balcony railing that Vic was asleep on the couch. I crept quietly to the bathroom and locked the door. I threw my pants off and jumped in the shower. I'm definitely not going to school today.

I lathered my whole body, twice. I felt dirty. But I shouldn't. I used to hook up with guys all the time. What's different now? Vic popped in my head; I shook it. This couldn't be his doing. He's just babysitting me. I frowned. I realized 30 minutes have passed.

I stepped out of the shower. I heard rustling in the kitchen. It was probably Vic. I dried my hair with my towel. I didn't care about anything right now. I can't even think straight with all of the pressure my skull is taking. I wrapped the towel around my waist and held it in place as I walked out of the bathroom and into the Hall.

I looked downstairs. It was my mother. I turned quickly and rushed towards my door.

"Kellin. Come here," the witch said sternly.

"Mom, I'm naked-"

"I don't give a flying shit. Now get your ass down here." she demanded as her voice raised. The feeling was starting to grow in my core. I turned around and walked down the stairs. I'm afraid. Vic was on the couch, watching. I wish she could see him so that she'd kick him out and Vic wouldn't have to see her embarrass me.

"Sit." she said, going through a rather thick stack of letters and mail. I did as I was told without saying anything. I sat at the bar silently as she read a letter. "What have you been doing lately?"

"Nothing. School." I said briefly.

"Really?" she asked, skeptical. "Because I have a letter from the school right here saying youve been absent. A lot. Are you trying to get me in trouble? " she started to yell. She slammed the mail on the counter, making me flinch. I knew what was next.

My first instinct was to run. I stood up from the chair, but she grabbed a fist full of my hair. I cringed.

"You're such a Fuck up. You sicken me." she yelled, and slammed the side of my head against the kitchen wall. My towel fell. I felt so exposed, in all ways. I heard a loud crack. I don't know if It's the wall or my head. She let go and stomped out the front door, slamming it behind her. I regained my vision and stumbled over to the door. I locked it.

"Kellin.." Vic said sympathetically from the couch, his face in shock. I caught my breath.

"What?" I hissed, spitting blood into the sink. I could see on the wall where she slammed my head. There was a small crack, but That's all. I put my hand up to my head. Blood.

"We need to clean you off-" he started to get up, but I stopped him.

"I don't need your help." I spat, trying to find my way to the bathroom. I tripped over my own feet and fell, my head hitting the first stair on the staircase.

"Bullshit," Vic argued. He rushed over to me. Vic put a hand behind my back and picked me up by my legs. He carried me up the stairs. Lifting me so fast made me feel light-headed but I felt..safe. I gave up resisting. I let my head drop as he carried me into the bathroom.

"I'm gonna put you in the tub so you can lay down. The blood is getting everywhere." Vic said. I didn't nod or anything. I'm so tired and scared she'll come back.

I was coming in and out of consciousness. I saw him get up from the tub and run his hands under water. They were covered.

"Okay, I'm gonna rinse your head and your hair to get some of the blood out Okay?" Vic made Sure I understood. Before I could say anything, everything went black.

---

I opened my eyes. It was mostly dark. I guess I had passed out for the whole day. It looks like I'm looking at the ceiling of the bathroom. Im still in the tub. Pain and throbbing came rushing to my head. I whinced. I cautiously raised my hand to it. My head was on something soft. I think it was a pillow. I felt an ice pack near my head. I don't even feel any cold. I'm numb.

I tried to sit up. There was a thin blanket on me. I looked over towards the door. Vic was sitting on the toilet seat laying his head on the counter near the sink.

"Vic." I said. He jumped. As my eyes met his, his face looked sad.

"How are you?" he asked.

"Fine. What happened?" I asked.

"I put you in the tub so the blood could run down the drain while I rinsed it off. I dried the tube and got an old pillow you could bleed on. I wrapped the ice pack in a towel to help stop swelling and bleeding." he said. He lifted my head softly and put it back down. "Lemme change the towel and wash it."

I was shocked. He was actually caring for me. Even after how mean and rude I was. I watched the boy run the towel under the sink, ringing it out over and over. I laid back down slowly as I watched him hang it on the towel rack and grabbed a new one.

"What time is it?" I asked, groggy.

"7:30." he said. "This ice pack is still good.." he mumbled to himself, concentrating on it with the towel. I smiled weakly to myself. He's so cute.

"Here," Vic signaled me to lift my head. I did as I was told. The pain was tiring. I cringed as he placed the cold towel under my head. "There." he said. "Hungry?"

"No."

"Alright." Vic replied. I heard a small vibrating noise. Vic and I were silent, staring at each other.

"What's the noise?" I asked him.

"What noise?" he smiled. "I'm gonna watch TV. Text me if you need anything. You're phone is on the floor within your reach."

Vic turned to open through bathroom door. His phone was sticking out of his pocket, the screen all lit up. Is Vic hiding something? Why would he lie about getting a text message? Maybe it wasn't a message. It might have accidentally lit up. I tried to forget it and laid my head back on the pillow.

I tried to occupy myself with other thoughts, but this one kept popping into my head. I feel like I've been in this tub for days. I reached for my phone on the outside of the tub. 8:30. Ugh. I'm bored.

I was feeling better, so I decided to get up and try to find Vic. I steadily got up, holding on to the walls in case I wanted to fall.

I stepped out of the tub. Blood really was everywhere. I could see splotches where blood at dropped, and Vic tried to clean it up. I felt really bad. I should go thank him.

I stepped out into the Hall and peered over the railing.

"Vic?" I called out. All I heard was Spongebob on the TV. I cautiously went down the stairs. I looked around. I didn't see him, either. I walked towards the couch, still scanning the room. I saw that the front door was cracked open a bit. Did he go outside?

I opened the door to find Vic's lips on Tony's, right on the front porch. Really? Are you serious? They jumped and looked at me with wide eyes. We all just stood there in silence. I can't even believe to think Why he would do this while his ex is bed ridden in a bath tub.

"Kellin.." Vic begged. His eyes flashed with regret.

"Haha, Fuck you too." I said. I slammed the door in his face and locked it.