Chapter 9

“Kellin! Hurry up, we’re already late!” Hayley nagged from downstairs. I quickly gathered my razor and hid it back under my bed. I put a band aid over the cuts on my thigh as I slid my pants back on. I cleared the tears that clouded my vision. I stood and looked into my dresser mirror. I fixed my bow tie and made sure my eyes weren’t too red. I still look like a little punk, I thought. I flattened my hair and marched down the stairs, avoiding eye contact and walking past everyone to get to the door.

            “Let’s go.” I rushed.

            “Wait, Kells! Turn around, let us see!” Jenna said. I cringed my face and rolled my eyes before turning around and shoving my hands in my pockets.

            “Awww, Kells!” Hayley and Jenna rushed over in their sparkly dresses and pretty makeup and played with my hair and suit. I just blushed. “And your vest is the exactly color of my dress. I’m impressed, Kellin,” Jenna cooed. I just looked over to Vic, sitting on the arm of the chair, his mouth open.

            “W-What?” I chocked on my spit.

            “You look perfect, Kellin.” Vic had a wide smile. I just blushed stubbornly.

            “Can we go nowww.” I groaned, reaching for the door. The girls followed me out the door, giggling and chatting. Vic followed behind them, taking his time to get to the car. I drove off, not in a hurry. Soon enough, we arrived in front of the school. I parked the car and Vic opened the door for his date as I did mine. We walked towards the thumping cafeteria quietly. Hayley looked at Vic and giggled.

            “What?” he laughed back.

            “Don’t be shy,” she grabbed his hand and held it. The feeling hit my stomach like a ton a bricks. I lightly gagged to myself, holding it back.

            “Are you okay?” Jenna patted my shoulder.

            “Yeah, just a cough I guess.” I came back to reality. I grabbed her hand and smiled at her. Tonight was Jenna and Hayley’s night. I don’t want to get in the way of that.

            “You really do look handsome tonight, I’m surprised.” Jenna giggled.

            “You think so? Thanks, you too.” I just smiled. I know I don’t but I didn’t want to argue. We all entered the cafeteria. Lights were flashing and sweaty kids were dancing and grinding to the rap music. I wanted to barf again. I looked for the chairs, but was startled when Jenna pulled on my hand as a slow song came on.

            “Kellin, dance with me!” Jenna smiled. I groaned to myself over the loud music under my fake smile. I wanted to make this night perfect for her. But my mind was stuck on Vic and Hayley. If Hayley made another move on Vic, my stomach will explode. I glanced at them to make sure they were apart before heading on the dance floor with Jenna. She wrapped her arms around my neck and smiled. I smiled back, wrapping my arms around her waist.

            “I know you love Vic,” Jenna smiled.

            “What?” I scoffed.

            “I know you like Vic. You’re gay, he’s gay, the way you guys look at each other. I’m not that stupid Kells.” Jenna laughed weakly. I just blushed.

            “So what’s your point?” I frowned.

            “Go get him.” She let go of me. I was sort of dumbfounded by her approach. But she’s right. I can’t hide what I have with Vic. And fuck Oli. I need to get over what he did to me. It isn’t fair I can’t get close to Vic because of something Oli did.

            I smiled at Jenna before turning around and charging towards Vic. I saw Hayley flirting with Vic and Vic not really picking anything up, like always. I stormed over and locked eyes with him.

            “Hey Ke-“ he started, before I crashed my lips aggressively against his. Hayley was taken by shock, as I heard her gasp. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in closer. At first I didn’t get a response. I bet Vic was in just as much shock as Hayley was. Vic lightly pushed me away. “Kellin…” Vic trailed off. I looked around to see a group of people stared at us. It was intimidating, but not as intimidating as Vic’s reaction.

            “I don’t care,” I whispered. “I can’t hide this anymore. If you loved me, you wouldn’t care either.” I knew in my head, that wasn’t the case. I know Vic didn’t mind loving me in public. But he didn’t want me being bullied at school. Vic looked around at the people staring and whispering. But my eyes never left him. He looked back at me with a worried face. Now I’m afraid. Normally he’s more laid back and chill. But his stressed face wasn’t going away. Vic looked around once more. Then back at me. It became harder to see him through the tears in my eyes. “Vic…” I shook.

            I was instantly relieved when he cupped my face and kissed me passionately. More passionately than any other kiss we’ve ever had. It was like our first. Vic didn’t have to speak. His lips said it all. He loved me. And he didn’t care what everyone thought. I sort of laughed into my angel’s mouth as everyone gasped and ewwed at us. But I didn’t care. Not one bit. The only thing that mattered was that Vic proved his feelings for me. And I feel like I’m on top of the world.

---

            “That was brave,” Vic finally spoke, shutting the door behind him. We had just dropped the girls off. “And a big turn on.”

            “I’m just tired of hiding that you’re mine. The jealousy towards you and Hayley was killing me.” I confessed, taking off my jacket as I went up the stairs.

            “You? Jealous? That’s just about the cutest thing ever,” Vic laughed, doing the same. “Come here,” he said. He picked me up and put me on the bed crawling on top of me. He leaned down and nipped at my neck. I felt him leaving small marks. I stretched my neck and let him play. I feel so horrible for not letting him touch me since Oli. But I am starting to forget it all. I’ve convinced myself Vic wouldn’t love me less because of something Oli did when he wasn’t around, but I also kept it all to myself. He didn’t need to worry.

            I groaned low to myself, starting to buck my hips up into him.

            “Haha, let’s not get too excited.” Vic laughed and fell next to me. He opened his arms and I crawled into him and frowned.

            “Evil.” I muttered before falling into a deep sleep with my angel.