Prologue

*Third Person P.O.V*

A melodic hum echoes throughout the quiet house, the sound of the little girl's voice bringing everyone around her into a happy mood. The (H/C) haired child's eyes brighten up as she seems to come up with an idea. She races out of her room and fumbles backwards for a moment due to bumping into someone, or something.
The rattling of a few plates can be heard, although none crash and brake.

"Oops!" The girl brushes her bangs out of the way, slipping on her coat, "sorry, Ellen!"

The woman within her early fifties takes a moment to grip onto the multiple plates in her grasp, "(Y/N)? What are you up to this morning?"

"I'm going adventuring!"

"By yourself?"

"Don't worry! Jack's gonna be there!"

Ellen rolls her eyes with a playful tut, "Alright then, but be careful! And tell your parents first!"

"I will!" The young girl, no older than eight, smiles at the maid before rushing down the stairs, almost tripping over her feet in the process. The maid chuckles before continuing on with her chores.

"Dad! Dad! Dad!"

A brunette male turns around at the sound of his daughter, a bright smile replacing his frown as his eyebrows perk up in false surprise, pretending to stumble as the child jumps up into his arms, her own wrapping around his neck in a hug. He chuckles, "Haha! Hello, (Y/N)! What've you been up to this morning?"

The girl's eyes shine as she pulls back from the embrace and begins talking.
"—And then after drawing with the crayons I saw a pretty robin bird on the cherry tree outside!"

The male raises an eyebrow, "Is that so?"

The child in his arms nods enthusiastically, "Yeah! And then—" she pauses for a moment, "wait, where's mum?"

"I was called?" A women with light brown, chestnut hair walks into the room, the lavender dress on her body bringing out her hazely-green eyes.

"Mum!"
(Y/N) jumps out of her father's arms and bolts towards the smiling female with a slightly bulging stomach, who was ready for her daughter to crash into her as her arms remain open wide until it feels a small body embrace their host, gently wrapping around the child in a loving, yet tight embrace.

"Good morning, sweetheart. How have you been?" Her voice is soft and compassionate, with a mix of amusement.

"I've been good!" The (E/C) eyed child smiles, "oh! May I please go to the park today?"

Both parents brows creases as they share a glance, "By yourself? Sugar, but what about—"

"Don't worry! Jack's going to be there!" (Y/N) reassures her parents, also hoping to persuade the, into letting her go, "plus, I already promised that I'd meet him there."

"...Oh, alright then!" Her mother says with a chuckle as the girl in her arms seems to do a small victory dance. She gently places her onto the wooden floorboards, "but be careful on your way there."

The dark haired male has his arms crosses over his chest as he taps his foot on the floor, "...What if—?" The woman interrupts her husband.

"Oh hush, Micheal! Let her have some fun. Plus, I've barely seen you today," she pouts playfully. The male takes in a deep breath, unable to resist his lover's puppy eyes.

"Fine. But be careful, Alright Sugar?" Micheal informs his child, who in return, smiles back at him as she heads towards the door in a rush.

"I will!" (Y/N) stops for a moment, halfway out of the room before racing back to her caretakers. She hugs the two of them in her tiny arms, as tight as she can, "...Mum, dad, I love you."