Another hour passed and I see them heading out of the hospital. They all looked to be in good spirits with Kairi asleep on her mother's shoulder. My nurse coming over to me took my focus off of them.

"He's wide awake if you want to see him." I nodded and followed her to his room. My palms are sweaty and I feel like I'm about to throw up. We waited on the elevator to get us. My phone vibrating took my focus off of how I was feeling. I see it's an Instagram notification. Post notification from Dave. What? I'm still a fan.

He was probably posting about the accident seeing as though it's all over social media that he and a "young woman" were involved in a major car accident. I stepped into the elevator and patiently waited for it to take us to the appropriate floor.

Clicking on the notification, my heart drops. Bro what the fuck?

 Bro what the fuck?

257,456 likes

I'm good. 💙

He made sure to turn off comments. What does this even mean? I get the I'm good part, but the picture? Turning off comments? My feelings are definitely hurt. This also confirms what I was thinking. We're not together.

Stepping out of the elevator and stopping in front of his door, I thank my nurse again, then knock on his door. I hear, "come in." I pushed the door open and see him looking at the tv hanging on the wall. He finally looked over at me when he heard the door softly shut and when I didn't move.

We just looked at each other. No one said a word. "How are you feeling?" I finally asked. Despite how I felt about his post.

He shrugged. "Can I sit down?" He shrugged again so I just sat in the chair beside his bed. "Look David I'm sorry. I feel terrible. I feel like this is all my fault." He spoke before I could continue.

"I appreciate the apology, but you're not entirely at fault. Partially? Yes, but not entirely." I nodded.

"Can you tell me how you're feeling? What did the doctor say?"

"I'll be aight." He kept it short.

"I understand you don't want to talk to me, but could you at least tell me what the surgery was for? I was worried the whole time..."

"Don't look like it. Got on a fresh new pair of clothes. You look fine to me." He responded nonchalantly.

"I changed into the clothes I packed and I have minor injuries. Few cuts and bruises. My body will be sore for a few days."

"Yeah yo lip is fucked up." He pointed out.

"Gee thanks." I responded sarcastically.

"You welcome." He's definitely in one of his moods, but I know how to handle them. "I got a broken arm. They repaired it. Like I said I'll be aight." He finally revealed. I nodded in understanding.