28

chaeyoung smiled brightly, remembering what happened yesterday. she had just woken up, and it was a miracle to have her smile like this, early in the morning.

her phone buzzed, and she quickly grabbed it. it was a message from minho. he said he'll pick her up to head to their dorm.

a few minutes passed and chaeyoung walked out of her house, to see minho outside waiting for her. they both greeted each other with smiles, asking how their sleep was.

once arriving at the boys' dorm, the maknaes rushed to chaeyoung, "noona!" she smiled, hugging them all. chaeyoung knew they were all hungry and needed breakfast, so she decided to make the usual, pancakes. while she was almost finished, a figure leaned on the counter next to her, "come here often?"

chaeyoung laughed, "shut up, chan." it didn't bother her, after all, they are childhood friends. chaeyoung brought the plates over to the table, with chan behind her, holding the remaining plates.

at first, the table was quiet. no one said a word. but minho spoke up, "i can't believe jieun did those things, i'm shocked." the others nodded, but chaeyoung only laughed.

they looked at her, confusion written all over their faces, "what's so funny?" chaeyoung took a sip of her drink, "she cut off our friendship long ago, because she couldn't stand the thought of both of us liking chan. she's always been like that."

suddenly, whispers and mumbles were exchanged through the boys. they stared at her, which creeped her out. chaeyoung stood up, taking her emptied plate to the sink in the kitchen.

when she returned, the boys were all smiling at her. chaeyoung furrowed her brows, "you guys are scaring me." they laughed, and chan stood up, "you liked me when we were little?"

chaeyoung gulped, shit, "uhm, y-yes i did like you." there was no lying now, she already leaked out the information while explaining earlier. "do you, perhaps, still like me?" chan asked, displaying a playful smirk on his face.

she faltered, hearing his question. time stopped for her, and chaeyoung was deep in thought. should she tell the truth? that her feelings for him never vanished from when they were little? chaeyoung stood stiffly, unsure of what to do or say.

but, shortly after, she released a breath that she'd been holding. chaeyoung made a bold move and looked into chan's eyes. she walked a bit closer to him, before telling her answer, "yes, i still do like you."

they laughed, making chaeyoung lose her confidence. she looked down, fiddling with her fingers. she was scared that they were making fun of her.

suddenly, chan grabbed her hands, holding them in his. this action caused chaeyoung to look back up at chan. "youngie, i like you too." he smiled, genuinely. chaeyoung hoped this wasn't a prank. his smile looked real, there was no trace of laughter.

"you're.. serious?" she asked, cautiously. the boys laughed, "yes, he's serious!!" chaeyoung stood in her place, she didn't know what to do. everything happened slowly as chan pulled her closer, in a hug.

chaeyoung was excited yet nervous. it was too early to get into a relationship, she knew that. "we'll take it slow. i don't want to rush into the relationship." chan assured, causing chaeyoung to loosen up.

"it's as if you can read my mind." chaeyoung smiled, squishing his cheeks together. in the back, the members 'ew'ed, cringing at the couple. chaeyoung patted chan's chest, lightly chuckling, "let go of me."

chan only hugged her tighter, ignoring her command, "i won't lose you." hearing that made chaeyoung's heart flutter. she felt safe and secure in his arms, and she never wanted it to vanish. chaeyoung can only hope, that this will last forever.

"i won't lose to you!!" chaeyoung glared at chan, competitively. chan chuckled, glancing over at her, "yes, you will." chaeyoung furiously slapped the buttons, her only goal was to win against chan.

after a few seconds of chan laughing at chaeyoung for thinking she would win, she beat him. "YES!!" chaeyoung exclaimed in victory, "i told you i wouldn't lose to you, chan." she jumped and cheered in happiness, as chan just stared at the screen, speechless.

the boys laughed at their leader, patting his back in comfort, "she beat you, man." chaeyoung looked back at chan and smirked, sticking her tongue out at him.

chan feigns a hurt expression, as he places a hand on his heart. chaeyoung walked off in victory, leaving the loser behind in defeat. she wore the brightest smile on her face, and chan smiled seeing it. he was glad, knowing that chaeyoung is now happy.

stray kids played a few more games before leaving to have dinner. they went to the same place they went to with jieun. but this time, they went with a better girl. not once did chaeyoung scold the younger members.

everyone was blabbering nonsense to each other. most could understand but some couldn't with the amount of food stuffed inside their mouths. "yah, chan hyung!" jeongin exclaimed, seeing that the leader stole some meat from his plate.

chaeyoung laughed, watching the scene. despite being the leader, chan would also act as if he was the youngest. that was one of the many things chaeyoung liked about chan. there's such a long list, words can't describe the feelings she has for him.

finishing their meals, they paid the bill and walked back to the dorm. on the way back, chaeyoung and chan were behind the members, watching over all of them as they held hands secretly. it wasn't awkward, they were surprisingly comfortable with their hands clasped together.

while the boys were having their own conversations, chaeyoung and chan talked about their childhood memories together. they laughed and joked with each other, making fun of each other for being clumsy in the past.

"remember that time when you were just walking normally, and you suddenly fell?" chan laughed at chae, making her become embarrassed. "i'm telling you, you tripped me, pushed me or something!!"

chaeyoung grumbled, trying to think back at what really happened. but thinking back at it, she remembered that chan only just slightly pushed her for teasing him about their grades in comparison. they laughed, specifically at chan, for thinking he'd get a higher grade than her.

she also remembered that that was the exact moment she fell for chan. literally too.

a/n
hey hows it goin babes. im so soRry ohmygod— one of my readers commented on the last chapter asking when i was gonna update and i was like oH SHIT- i forgot about this chapter lol but here it is noww~
doES ANYONE WATCH YGTB MYGOD IM SO PISSED AT YG. I MEAN LIKE THE MEMBERS CHOSEN TO DEBUT ARE AMAZING AND ALL BUT WHY CANT HE SEE THE TALENT IN TEAM A??? WHAT WAS THE POINT IN THE VLIVE TEAM VOTINGS WHEN HE WAS JUST GONNA CHOOSE THE DEBUTING MEMBERS HIMSELF?? WHY DO THEY EVEN HAVE TO DO SURVIVALS SHOWS, WHY CANT THEY JUST DEBUT THE TRAINEES IN ORDER OF HOW LONG THEY TRAINED??
yg fucked up big time. you lost so many talented trainees man. k im done :)) hope yall enjoyed this chapter, love ya!!