trece

* three years later *

"no, tell him that i said that if he doesn't get it done by tomorrow morning, he can looking for a new fucking job", i hung up the phone as i kissed summer on the cheek, "have a good day, babe. i love you. and remember, this is your dad's weekend."

"i know", she smiled as she went to open the car door, "but i think i'm going to aunt aaliyah's house because he's working."

i chewed on my lip, mentally scanning for when he scheduled that. "i'll text aunt aaliyah about it. and i think alec is gonna pick you up on monday afternoon bubba."

"oh...okay", she shrugged, "love you", she leaned over to kiss my cheek this time before leaving for the weekend.

"bye babe", i waved as she seemed to drift away with the rest of the kids and into her school. 

-

"friday night", alec whispered in my ear as i smiled, turning away from the mirror to look at him.

"calm down, christian grey."

he looked me up and down, "you look hot", he jumped onto our shared bed, folding his arms behind his head.

"thanks babe, i like the suit", i complimented him as he smirked, continuing to watch as i put my earrings on, "this is the first night you're going to an event without being stressed out with your little ear piece thing in, in like a long time."

true. "shut up. can you see if aaliyah texted me back about shawn?" i finished putting my earrings on and sat down on my bed, reaching for my heels.

"she said 'he's out tonight so he dropped her off here, will come and pick her up in the morning tho, xo'", he finished reading, "damn, shawn could spend time with his child."

"he does", i chewed on the inside of my cheek, "he always does, he's like me though, he likes to have nights out and stuff. he's single and venturing, ya know?"

"i guess", he trailed off, "but you'd figure he has time to do that given the fact that he hardly sees summer as it is."

i stopped my movement, getting slightly annoyed, "alec, it's not your fight. don't worry about it, babe."

i could feel the room become more dense, "are you ready to leave?"

i simply nodded, standing up and giving myself one last once over before heading downstairs with alec behind me.

"i didn't mean to upset you, back at the house", he voiced as he looked ahead at the road in front of us.

"i know you didn't, it's just hard. shawn and i aren't close anymore but we were married at some point, and had a child together. being together was rocky toward the end but we had had a better than okay relationship", i explained.

"which is why you two can't even face each other?"

"i hope that was rhetorical", i deadpanned.

"you never told me how that ended", he was suggesting that i tell him.

"didn't think you needed to know", i rolled my eyes, "just drop it."

"is it that big of a deal that i, your boyfriend, can't know? it was all over the tabloids, but of course the whole world knew that we would never get the full story", he shrugged.

"am i just some inside scoop to you? just fucking drop it", i cursed as he fought back his obvious urge to speak.

he shook his head, continuing to drive.

-

-

-

a/n

all of my leading characters are highkey problematic lmao