Chapter 23 : Yellow

Start from the beginning

"No, can we please just at least try?", Jackson insisted over the phone, "No, I can't be gone for eight months, I-", Jackson then was stopped when he turned around and saw his girlfriend standing by the stairs with a look of shock on her face, "I'll call you back.", Jackson said as he hung up, all his attention on Jennie.

"What do you mean gone for eight months? What do you mean?", Jennie said, with a hint of denial in her voice.

"Look, Jennie I..", Jackson trailed, "I got this offer in China, and..and it requires me living there for at least eight months.", Jackson said, swallowing, he didn't know how Jennie was going to react. Because they had just started and now he's leaving her.

"So in other words, you're leaving me.", Jennie said as she swallowed, trying to contain herself.

"No.", Jackson said firmly, "I'm not leaving you Jennie, I..", Jackson trailed, not able to find the right words.

"You're what?", Jennie asked.

"I-I don't know.", Jackson said, disappointed in himself for not being able to express how he feels during the most crucial moment.

"Did you say yes?", Jennie asked.

"I don't have a choice Jennie.", Jackson said apologetically, and Jennie inhaled at that.

"You can't do this to me Jackson.", Jennie said, and she sounded angry, "You can't just make me believe in love again and then leave. It doesn't work that way, no. You can't do that.", Jennie said in denial, voice cracking.

"Jennie, no, no, I'm not leaving you.", Jackson insisted as he held Jennie's shoulders, looking into her eyes, and he saw that look again, the look he first saw the first time he had met her, those sad eyes of hers, "Look, you know what it's like for me, Jennie. We work in the same industry, you know most times we don't have a say in things, you know that.", Jackson said, "Why are you doing this to me? I'm not leaving you okay.", Jackson insisted and Jennie pulled away, sighing.

"I have to go Jackson.", Jennie said, leaving.

"So that's what you're going to do? Leave?", Jackson said. And Jennie stopped in her tracks, turning to face him.

"I'm not leaving Jackson. I just can't deal with this right now, I'm sorry.", Jennie sighed.

-

Jennie ended up parking her car on the side of some road that night, she just needed some time alone, she sighed as she looked at the road, the bright lights, cars coming and going.

Jennie didn't want to be selfish, she knew what it was like for Jackson, because it's exactly like that for her, but she couldn't bear the thought having to be apart with Jackson.

What happens to us if you and me are worlds away Jackson? What if I lose you? I don't want to lose you. Jennie thought as she leaned on her steering wheel, letting a few tears slip. She had just found love again yet now she feels like its being taken away from her.

-

Jisoo glanced up at the clock and it was only 8:27pm, she was at home that night in her room, listening to songs while organising Jinyoung's schedule. Yellow by Coldplay came on shuffle later on and Jisoo felt a sense of nostalgia rush over her, and her heart felt as heavy as ever, and Jisoo lied down, trying to calm herself.