Stalling

As nervous as you are about their safety, you're glad that the others came to help. You hadn't realized how outnumbered you are, so reinforcements are always welcome.

The rest of them seem to have found weapons and armor to protect themselves. You suddenly realize that you probably should have been better prepared for this fight. Just as you're thinking this, your feet are swept out from under you. You roll over and see the pink mustache.

"So, you figured it out?" Warfstache says, pointing his golden gun at you.

"It wasn't exactly hard," you shoot back, holding your hands up in defense.

"Out of all the other doors in this castle, how did you know that key opened the dungeon doors?" Warfstache questions. When you don't answer, he kicks you. "Who helped you?!"

Realizing he's in prime position, you raise your leg and kick him where it hurts. As Warfstache collapses, you tackle him and wrestle the tiny gun away from him.

With him out of the way, you call for Mark and throw the gun to him. You're pretty sure that he would have a better handle on it than you would anyway.

"Darkness and fire band together!"

What the heck?

You whirl around and see that everyone else has slowed down to see what's going on. Daniel is emitting some weird black substance, which is combining with AblazingPhil's fire.

Together, they are able shoot a beam of the dark matter and fire. You grab Sean and Signe, who are fighting side by side, and dive out of the way. Mark, Ethan, Amy, and Robin all huddle to the one corner with you. The others are on the other side of the room.

As your group clings together, Ethan's clone decides to make an appearance.  He limps over at a very quick speed, but you're quicker. As soon as he gets close enough, you plant both feet into his chest, and send him flying into the beam.

"I really hope that wasn't personal!" Ethan yells.

"Not against you!" You reply.

You're slightly relieved when the beam disappears. But that relief is gone when you see Ethan's clone again. Burned and scabbed, he's still able to move at the same speed.

"Well, that didn't seem to do much!" Robin exclaims.

Sean leans close to you. "We can't do anything to them!"

"The only thing way to get rid of them is by messing with their code," Mark adds.

"So we can't do anything until Void's finished," you say.

"Why are we whispering?" Amy asks.

You hadn't even realized you were. You lean over and say, "We have to stall them until Void is done with the code."

"That's gonna be easier said than done, isn't it?" Signe says.

Just then, Anti lands near you guys, green flames surrounding his balled up fists. You all jump up and rush away from the wall. Sean turns to look back, and Anti is too quick.

He manages to land a punch to Sean's cheek, knocking him to the floor. You can see a cut on his cheek. Signe runs toward him, but you grab her arm and pull her back.

"Don't! You'll hurt yourself!" You say to her.

Anti stands over Sean hands poised to destroy him. "Your channel's mine, Jackaboy."

He raises his fist, and you're about to rush over, when the flames suddenly go away. Signe stiffens beside you, and you arch an eyebrow. Matt clumsily runs up behind you

"She did something!" He whispers loudly to you.

Anti flicks his wrists a few times, then looks toward Madpat, confused and concerned. You follow his gaze and see Madpat starting to edge toward the door.

If he left, he would find out what Void was doing. Not only would that ruin your plans, but it would lead him to Stephanie.

"Stop him!" You yell.

The evil scientist takes off at a run. He's just getting to the doors when something drops on him. Nate.

"Yes!" You say under your breath.

AblazingPhil suddenly collapses and falls from his platform. Anti and Sean are both caught off guard, but Sean recovers first. He kicks Anti in the face and knocks him across the room. Anti uses that as his opportunity to jump up to the  second platform and talk to Dark.

"They know something's up," Sean whispers to you.

Nate flies in between the two of you and hits the wall. "Madpat's definitely stronger," he grunts.

"Then that's who we need to focus on," you say.

"On it!" Marzia says.

You hadn't even realized she had been listening. "That's not what I meant!"

But she's already on her way, along with Cristina, Felix, and Ken. You glance around the room, trying to analyze the situation and see where and how everyone else is fighting.

Robin and Dan H are fighting Daniel. Dan and Jemma are working as a husband-wife team against Warfstache while PewDIEpie jumps at them from behind, only to be thrown off by Phil. Matt takes on DannyDarko, while Mark holds down the fort against Natemare. Tyler and Ethan are fighting themselves.

"Okay, here's the plan," you say. "You and Nate take on Dark, Schneeplestein, and the Host if he decides to show up."

"Thanks, give us the hard stuff," Sean jokes. You admire his humor at this point. "What about you? What are you doing?"

You don't answer, but kind of watch him instead. A look of realization crosses his face.

"Oh no," Sean says. "Don't tell me you're going for Anti again."

"I've done it before, I'll do it again," you state.

"But you've never actually beaten Anti by yourself before," Sean argues, "we've always been a team."

"I don't have to beat him this time," you say, starting to inch toward the stairs to the upper platform. "I just have to hold him off until Void is done."

Sean sighs, while trying to keep an eye on the others. "There's no changing your mind about this is there?"

You shake your head, starting to smile. He knows you so well.

"Alright, as you know what you're doing," Sean says. You nod, and he turns to Nate, "Alright, you heard her. Let's do this."

As they head off to fight the others, you make your way up to the second level. Time to go for Anti again. You just hope Void is almost finished.