The Code

"Long story short, that's what's going on," you finish your explanation.

"So why are we here?" Ken asks.

"No clue," Dan answers.

Nate spoke next, "Well, we think it might have been one of the methods they used to make us surrender."

"Which we were never willing to do," Matt puts in.

"I think they can come back in now," you say to Felix.

He nods, then exits the room to find Sean and Mark, who are standing guard.

When enter again, they sit down, and Sean asks, "Did you tell them everything?"

"As much as we could," Matt says. He glances at Stephanie, who is staring at the ground.

Mark looks at Amy as he sits down. "Now do you believe me?"

Amy hesitates, before answering, "I thought maybe this was a crazy recurring nightmare. But now it's all coming together."

Tyler and Ethan nod in agreement. Clearly, they had been thinking the same thing.

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you either," Signe apologizes, poking Sean's chest.

"It's a little far-fetched though," Nate says. "You don't really believe it until you're here."

"As much as this catching up it's great, I think it's time we get out of here," Felix says.

"Agreed," Dan says. "But how?"

"There's always been a portal out," Mark suggests.

"He's right." Sean stands. "We'll find the portal, but we have to be careful. We need to about the viruses at all--"

"No."

Everyone turns toward you.

"What do you mean,'no'?" Felix asks.

"If we keep running from the viruses, we'll never get rid of them," you say.

"So, what do you want us to do, fight them?" Robin asks.

"No," Mark says, clinging to Amy.

"I agree there," you say. "I don't want you guys to fight them. I think those if us who were here already should."

"But they're so violent!" Dan protests. "And they're only getting stronger, we've seen that."

"How are you supposed to stop them, then?" Dan H* asks.

"It's not like we can change them," Sean puts in. "It's in their code."

That gives you an idea. "Exactly."

You quickly explain your plan, while keeping an ear out for the viruses.

"It'll never work," Sean says. "It's too risky."

"Are you sure we can trust her?" Mark asks.

"I'm sure," you state. "Come on. You guys weren't this concerned until you found out who they had trapped here."

"Well, now we have more concerns!" Matt protests, helping Steph get up.

"I'm with (y/n)," Nate says. You look at him in surprise as he continues, "How else are we supposed to stop them?"

"By going head-on into the danger? I don't think so," Sean says.

"You're doubting our abilities," you argue, "and that's what they want."

Sean closes his eyes, and rubs the bridge of his nose. "Okay."

"Go get her," Mark says.

You run back up to the main area of the dungeon. Void is still exactly where you left her. She looks up in surprise as you approach the cell.