Fates: Chapter Forty-Nine

Seirra

If I could recreate this moment into a picture, I would.

The way the color of Margaret's eyes changed from dull, tired blue to a pair of glowing lights made me wish this moment could last longer. She was a wonder to me - this woman. We met expecting nothing but a brief encounter and yet she had become much more important to me even before our fates were revealed.

She was special.

Everything about her intrigued me, not only because she was different, but because it felt exciting to truly know her. I feared for what could happen after knowing everything that my parents had gone through but I believe in the power of the Key of Saol. I had no clue what kind of magic it gave Margaret's ring but I trust that it would help me protect her.

More importantly, I believe in Margaret.

Just looking at her now made me realize that despite getting plunged into an unknown world, she was bravely trying to face things as they came. After Erwann sang the chant at the entrance and the surroundings changed, Marge's entire expression changed. She looked around with wonder in her gaze and I could not help but be mesmerized with her face - the sparkle of her eyes, the slow drop of her jaw, even the way her nose scrunched as if she was trying to check if she could smell anything.

She was still looking around and processing things when a little mermaid showed herself to us.

"Hello! I am Elea. Who are you?" she asked Margaret, her eyes shining with curiosity.

Margaret blinked several times as if she was seeing an unknown creature but she recovered herself.

"Hi!" her tone a bit pitchy. She cleared her throat. "Uhmm...Hello. My name is Margaret. Nice to meet you, Elea."

The genuine smile that Margaret gave the little girl was met with a giggle.

"Nice to meet you too! This is for you."

She handed Marge a shell shaped like a cone but seemingly decorated with sparkling stones.

Margaret looked at me with excitement.

"Are these actual gemstones?" she whispered.

"Yes," I replied. "But that isn't really as valuable here as it is on land."

"You mean you have lots of these here?"

"Yes."

"Wow. Now I wonder what you would think is valuable here."

I could not help but grin wider. Margaret looked more amazed at the idea that what she thought was something important does not necessarily mean the same way in Aquania.

At that point, two soldiers appeared and addressed the prince.

"Your Highness, welcome back," one of the soldiers said with a bow. He turned to me with smiling eyes and said, "Welcome back to you too, Seirra."

What came as a surprise was when the two soldiers bowed to Margaret and said, "Welcome to Aquania."

Erwann assured me that no one would know the real reason of our disappearance. We were going to introduce Margaret to everyone when Marina wakes up and nobody knowing how dangerous our latest endeavor was.

Using magic, Erwann was previously able to travel to Grasveld Aisles and back to Aquania at a much faster pace. Unless someone was closely monitoring him, no one should have been alarmed if he was gone for a few hours. Resting at home was my excuse for being gone for one whole day.

The way the soldiers greeted us, however, implied some kind of knowledge of what we were up to.

Our confusion must have shown on our faces because the soldier glanced at Margaret and to me added, "Your father would be proud."