Chapter 10

The next couple of days were some of the best days you had in a long time. You went to college every day, you enjoyed all the classes and every time you went back home, Barry was there, at the door, waiting for you, eager to hear about your day and your classes. He also started to tell you about his work at the CCPD. He used to be so busy and sometimes he had to leave out of nowhere when he was called from the police department. You understood and it never bothered you. Every time he left, you took the time to go through your assignments for class and your "secret" assignment: you were digging information about the scarlet speedster.

You had decided to keep it a secret because you knew Barry would try to stop you if he knew. Since you weren't going to stop, the best thing you could do was keeping it to yourself. Sadly, nobody knew much about him. It looked like he appeared after the explosion of the particle accelerator but you already knew that. There were some articles in some scientific magazines about him but nothing worth your time. There were also dozens of videos and photos of him on the internet but nothing that would led you to him. It was exasperating.

Unfortunately, your secret didn't stay like that for a long time. A week after the attack, you and Barry were having dinner at your apartment and were about to start watching Game of Thrones. You asked Barry to look for the episode you were both on while you made the popcorns.

"Everything ready?" You asked coming back from the kitchen. But it wasn't ready.

Barry was reading something on your laptop and it was then when you remembered you hadn't closed the last sites about The Flash you had visited. Damn it.

"What's this?" He asked looking up at you.

"Nothing important" you shrugged putting down the popcorns and sitting by his side. "Curiosity" you added taking the laptop from his lap.

As you felt his eyes on you, you looked up at him and sighed. There we go. You knew he wouldn't just let it go. With another sigh, you put your laptop back on the table and turned your body to be facing him.

"I'm trying to find him" you shrugged. "I have to talk to him"

"Why?" He frowned.

"Because..." you sighed. "I...saw something the day of the attack only he can explain" you told him. "And I also want to thank him" you added.

"You don't have to thank him" he replied immediately, "saving people is his work" he shrugged.

"So? He saved my life!" You frowned.

"He saves so many people's life and no one is around trying to thank him!" He exclaimed.

Somehow you were glad he had forgotten about the part that you had seen something. You didn't want to explain anything about Laurel.

"Well, I'm not anyone! I want to thank him" you repeated.

"You have to stop" he almost ordered you. "It's dangerous" he added. Just like Oliver said.

"You know I won't stop" you told him death serious.

Barry didn't want you anywhere near that part of the world. It was too dangerous. And if you kept on digging, you would end up finding out about his secret identity and then, you would become a target for all his enemies. He just couldn't have it. But there was no way he could explain that to you without telling you who he really was.

"Whatever" he sighed looking away from you, trying to find a way to talk you out of it.

"I'm not changing my mind, Barry" you said. You saw him shaking his head silently before he got up and took his coat.