Chapter 2

Oliver spent the rest of the day texting you, trying to make you stay but it just didn't work. You had made up your mind and you weren't going to change it. You needed this. Thea, on the other hand, was the one who helped you with the packing so it would be done faster and you could really leave Star City in the morning, on the first train to Central City.

"Is she still trying to make you stay?" She asked when you checked the phone and laughed.

"Yes" you sighed shaking your head. "I know it's hard for him to let me go, but I need to do this"

"I know so don't worry. I'll take care of him" she smiled at you.

"And who will take care of you?" You said raising an eyebrow.

"Well... I think I can handle myself" she winked.

You smiled a little and kept on packing. You were going to miss them but you weren't going far. Central City was just a couple of hours away so you could come and go if they needed you or otherwise.

"Look... I want to give you something" Thea said before she left.

You had been packing the whole afternoon and it was late so she had to leave if she wanted to get some work done before going to bed.

"What is it?" You asked curious.

"First of all...take care of it or I swear I will go to Central City and kick your ass, understood?" She asked handing something over to you.

"What are you talking...?" You looked at your hand and gasped. "Your car?" You asked in shock.

"You will need it. In Central City you won't have anyone to drive you around so I bet you will give it a better use than I do" you smiled.

"Thea you're the best!" You exclaimed hugging her tight. You had a car!

"I know, I know, just...be safe alright? And don't tell Oliver. He would kill me and go to Central City to take it back from you" she laughed pulling away.

"Don't worry, I won't" you smiled happily. "Thank you so much" you thanked her.

"It's nothing" she shrugged before heading to the door. "Tell us when you get there ok?" She said.

"I will" you smiled before she walked out.

***

You hadn't sleep much that night. You were nervous about the new life you were about to start. You wanted everything to be perfect, not like it had been in Star City. Luckily, you had some money saved from the time you spent working at the Verdant and at a restaurant afterwards so you would be ok but you knew that eventually you would have to find a job to sustain yourself.

The drive to Central City was calmed. There wasn't too much traffic so you got there even sooner than what you expected. Finding the apartment you had rented was a bit more complicated since you didn't know the city. You had been there a couple of times but not enough to know your way around. Hopefully, you would get used to it soon.

The apartment you had chosen was even better than what it looked in the pictures. It was more like a studio but it was perfect for you. You didn't need much. The moment you walked in you fell in love with the studio and its views. You still couldn't believe how lucky you had been to find this place. Immediately, you texted both Oliver and Thea to let them know you had arrived safely to your new city. They didn't reply right away but you just supposed they were busy so you didn't even thought about it.

You opened the windows and started unpacking even when you knew it was going to take you a while to put everything in place. After a while, you got bored of it so you decided to go out and take a walk around the place to get to know it better. The place you had found was almost in the city center so it was kind of crowded but not too much. There were a couple of supermarkets, shops, the police department and even a coffee shop nearby. It was great and handy.

After having a coffee at Jitters, the coffee shop you had found, you decided to go back home and relax. The next day you had your first day of university and you wanted to be fresh for it. So you took all your things and walked out of the establishment as you took out the keys from your bag so you wouldn't have to spend hours looking for them later. Suddenly, you saw a guy running towards you so you stepped aside immediately, but he grabbed your bag and with a strong pull, he broke the strap and kept on running with your bag.

"HEY!" You screamed. "You bastard, that's mine!" You screamed before you started running behind him.

He turned a corner so you ran faster in order not to lose him but when you turned that same corner, he was nowhere to be seen. This had to be a joke. This couldn't happen to you on your first day in town. Not during your first hours. You ran a hand over your hair and looked around. There was nothing you could do except canceling your credit cards. Just fantastic. The only good thing was that you had your phone and keys with you.

The first thing that came to your head was calling Oliver but soon you discarded that option. He would freak out and he would even show up there to make you come back. You had to deal with it all by yourself and what was the first thing people used to do when they were robbed? Go to the police.

You knew you had seen the police department when you had walked out of your apartment so you made your way back home, looking around, trying to spot the building again. After a while you admitted to yourself that you were a bit lost so you asked the first you where it was and just then, it was easily found.

Once in there you were told to go straight upstairs to the front desk where you could report what had happened to you. When you went out of the elevator, you looked around. It was a huge place, bigger than the one in Star City.

"Wow..." you mumbled to yourself when you saw the sign on the wall that said 'Central City Police Department'. "I have to tell Ollie to get one of these for Star City" you mumbled. Then you heard a cough and turned around. There was a police officer looking straight at you. "Oh sorry!" Quickly, you approached the desk. "I've just been robbed and I'm here to report it" you informed.

The man nodded and started typing something in the computer before he got up and printed something for you. When you looked at it you raised an eyebrow, it looked like something you had to fill in with your data and what happened.

"Thank you?" You said unsure.

"You're supposed to complete the sheet with your data" a voice said behind you. "Then someone will take your statement"

You turned around to face a young guy behind you. He had a nice smile on his face that reached up to his green eyes. He was tall and thin. He looked around your age, maybe a bit older but probably not too much. What was more important: he was nicer than the man behind the desk.

"Oh, thank you" you smiled at him. "Eh...do you have a pen?" You asked. He smiled and gave you the pen he was holding. "Thank you" you said with a smile.

"What happened?" He asked when you put the sheet down on the desk to start writing.

"I was robbed" you sighed.

"That sucks" he frowned. You chucked a little and nodded.

"Yeah, that would be the word for it" you replied.

"Allen! What are you doing? Go back to work, I want those reports before lunch time!" A man yelled from inside. You imagined he was yelling at the guy next to you since he looked up immediately.

"Sorry, Captain, you'll have them sir" he said quickly. "I gotta go back to work now. Eh...nice to meet you. I'm Barry" he said offering his hand which you took.

"(Y/N), nice to meet you too and thank you" you told him.

"No problem" he smiled. "You can keep the pen" he added with a wink before going upstairs in a hurry.