chapter fifty five

Mercedes

"We're looking for Isaiah Andrews?" I said to a nurse, she looked at her computer then back at me .

"Are you family or close friends?" She said, I mentally rolled my eyes . We don't have time for this.

"Close friends like family." I said , she nodded as she gave us a paper to put out names on then got it back.

"Ok room number 102." She said, I rushed off , fuck saying thank you.

"Yo Mercedes slow down!" August said as he caught up to me, holding Drew.

I got to the door of 102 , seeing his name and opened it.

I saw Quan, Zane and Dre here.

"Hey guys!" I said as they waved. I looked at Isaiah with a gasp.

"Isaiah what the fuck happened!!" I semi yelled going to the side of him. He had a neck cast, a arm cast and a leg cast.

" well hey to you too."

"Nigga skip the bullshit what happened!" I said.

"Well...I was driving then I saw a girl fall off her motorcycle. I didn't want to run ova her and you know how hard it is for them things to stop so I swerved and hit a light post." He said , I sighed .

"Isaiah you bout to kill yourself to save someone else!" He shrugged the best way he could.

"What the fuck was you driving?" August asked.

"I drive semi trucks."

"Ohhh." August said understanding the whole stopping thing .

"Yeah my dad own the business so I had no choice but to do this shit." He said with a grunt .

"Well we finna head out." All the guys said.

"Iight catch y'all later, thanks for coming!" Isaiah said.

"No problem." Dre said as they all walked out.

" Isaiah imma stay cause you fucked." I said taking a seat on the couch. He shook his head.

"Nah you can go home!"

"Come on. You can't do nothing for yourself barely and the nurses ain't gonna be in here 24/7. Can you even move your toe?" I asked making him scoff.

"Yes I can move it-wait ahh that hurts." He hissed , I shook my head .

"Aye Mercedes , the Doc's got em. Ya need som rest ma ya'self." August said. I bit lip before talking again .

"Ok! But if you need anything for me to do for you, just call." I said holding up my phone. He nodded.

"Iight Mercedes ." He said, I got up and gave him a hug with his free arm.

"You gotta be more careful." I said looking down at him, he nodded.

"I know now go rest!!" He said, I got to the door with August .

"You rest too!" I said pointing to him.

"Yes ma'am!" He said before we walked out, closing the door.

We walked back by the office.

"Have a nice day!" The same lady from earlier side.

"You too." I said blankly before walking out the building .

"I een know he werked for tha' trucks." August said as we was now in the car, I nodded.

"Yeah he's been doing it since he was like.. 16." I said, he nodded.

"Yeah but we need to talk."

"Ok bout what?" I asked.

"It's about la-" he got cut off by his phone ringing, he sighed as he looked at the id and answered with one hand on the wheel.

"Hella?" He answered.

"Wazzup!...headin' home why?...nah not tonight mane,I'm still whipped from Miami..yeah mane...iight one!" He said before hanging up.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"It was Quan saying him and the boys was finna head out tonight." He said, I nodded.

"Ohh ok." I said.

"Yeah I was finna say something befo' he called." He furrowed his eyebrows, I shrugged.

"I forgot too." Making him shrug.

few days later

August

I had just came out of Drew room, putting him to sleep when I remembered what I was gonna talk bout a few days ago.

"Aye Mercedes I rem-"

"Hey August I'm sorry but they just let Isaiah go home so I'm gonna pick him up and take him home." She said, I nodded.

"Ayte! Don't be too long!" I said, she nodded as she came over and kissed my cheek before leaving .

That's all she been doing is thinking, talking , and caring for Isaiah . I'm like damn don't a nigga exist besides him. I got sympathy fa his accident , trust, but I don't know..I'm not jealous though.......

I think.

But I still gotta talk to Mercedes about that night when she was drunk, it was still freshly on my mind....

______

Check out my other stories!

Comment and vote.

Thank y'all !