chapter twenty one

Mercedes

I woke up from my phone ringing. I saw August was still sleep so I got up and answered it downstairs.

"Hello?" I answered sleepily.

"Mercedes hey hey, it's grandma Rosie. We were planning funeral for your mother. You want to help?" She asked. I woke up a bit from the statement.

"Oh yes grandma I do, when?"

"We do it today at 1."

"Ok I'll be at your house around 12:45 ok?"

"Ok sweetheart be good.."

"Kk granny bye."

"Bye bye.." She said and I hung up. I looked at the time and it was already 11:15 and it takes a hour to get to her house from here. I went back upstairs into the room, quietly going through the closet to find something to wear.

"Where are you going?" August asked in his sleepy raspy voice.

"Thought you were sleep.." I said as I picked something out.

"I was til I felt you wasn't beside me.." He said now propped up on his elbows.

"Well I'm going to my grandmother's house to plan my mom's funeral.." I said, heading to the bathroom.

"You want me to drive you?"

"Sure.." I said then I got into the shower.

After 14 minutes, I got out and dried off. I blew dry my hair since I washed it and lotioned down and got dressed . August was already dressed so he must used the other bathroom.

"You ready?" He asked I nodded as he got my hand and we went out to the truck. I went over to the passenger side as he got in the driver seat. After a while, we was heading down the road.

"August can we get something to eat, I'm starving.." I whined.

"You been starving a lot, all this gonna catch up witchu ya know.." He said , putting his right signal light on so we can go to Starbucks.

"Whatever.."

"What you want?" "A sausage and cheddar breakfast sandwich and a Caramel frap with extra caramel. "

He looked back at me. "What?' I said. He chuckled and ordered it.

"You're a fatty.." He said giving me my bag.

"No I'm not.."

"Yes you are. Now give me some.."

"No you just called me a fatty so no!"

"You are though.."

"Shut up August.." He was back on the street, then he looked over at me.

"Are you crying?"

"No.."

"I was just playin witchu Mercedes.."

"Whatever.." I said wiping my face as I looked out the window. I started eating and gave him a piece. He got some of my frap too, actually his ass drunk most of it.

--------

It was 11:58 and We had just pulled up to my granny house and I don't think my food was sitting right.

"I feel nauseas.." I said. August looked at me.

"You ok? You need some medicine or som?" He asked, I shook my head unbuckling my seatbelt.