chapter thirty three

"I can't believe we're having a boy , he's gonna be so cute!" I said as we were eating some food August cooked , now back at home at the table.

"I know right , he's gonna get all the girls like papa." August said cockily .

"Whatever you didn't get all of nobody ."

"But I gotchu."

"Umm yeah true..he may not get all the girls but he'll get the baddest like papa!" I said flipping my hair over my shoulder , August laughed .

"Moma is bad though..the baddest...ehh." He said tiling his hands , I hit his arm.

"I'm playin witchu , ya know ya bad , ya don't need me ta tell ya!" He said starting back eating . I smiled As I felt my cheeks slightly warm from blushing .

"You're cute!" He said with his mouth full.

"Eww you ill mannered nigga , close your mouth. I don't want my baby taking after that!"

"He can't even see me!"

"Still though ."

"Wow. Mercedes." He said with a chuckle , I grinned .

"Can I name him Charlie?"

"Hell no I'd be damn if my nigga finna be name some damn Charlie. The fuck you think this is ..Disney channel ?" He said , raising an eyebrow , sipping his drink .

"Just a thought nigga damn." I said laughing .

"Don't curse , he can hear you!"

"You just cursed like a damn sailor over there nigga!"

"He can hear you better than me , he gon come out with his first word : nigga!" He said making me mush his face .

"Whatever ok ill try to stop." I said continuing to eat . After awhile we was done and I started washing the dishes. August came up behind me , wrapping his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek then grabbed a towel , drying off the dishes , putting them up .

"So who you think he'll look more like ?" I asked him , still looking down washing dishes.

"Hopefully me cause his moma ugly as hell." He said I turned toward him and wrapped him with that wet towel .

"Ouch girl I was playin , don't do dat no mo' that's how my great grandpops used to whoop us." He said , I smirked.

"Oh really..."

"Gone na Mercedes ." He said getting out my aim as I twirled the wet towel. I ran after him as he went into a room .

"Come out August ." I said going into the room slowly with the towel ready to pop his ass.

"Ahhh!" He yelled as he grabbed me and tackled me. He took the towel and wrapped me 2 good times before I got up , running out .

"Ouch that shit hurts." I mumbled.

"Yeah ya understand huh?" He said laughing making me laugh with him. We finished the dishes and sat on the couch with my legs across his lap .

"Have you ever wondered how it would be if none of this happened to us and we never met?" I asked , he looked at me.

"Nah .."

"Oh." I said taking the remote from him , Turning to lifetime and watched Bring It!

"DD4L!!" I yelled, he laughed .

"You're something serious."

next day

August

"You ok baby?" I asked Mercedes . She was in the pool outside swimming , getting her exercise in.

"Yeah I'm fine." She said going across . I went back in and played around with Bentley .

"Down down!" I said as he started getting too rough . Then the doorbell rung, he barked as he went up to the door.

"Get back!" I told him, he stepped back as I opened the door to some nigga .

"Um wassup witcha?" I asked raising a eyebrow.

"Oh I was looking for Mercedes , must be the wrong house."

"Right house , wrong time . Whatchu want?"

"Oh I was giving her jacket back! You must be August ?"

"Yep I'm Aug and thanks , why you had her jacket anyway!" I said taking her jacket from him.

"No problem, she left it when we hung out , tell her hi."

"Ummm oh so You that Isaiah nigga , ain't it?"

"I'm Isaiah I don't preciate the 'nigga' followed tho." He said kinda getting offended.

"Oh forreal? Well I don't really like you."

"You don't know me."

"I don't like dudes too close to my girl , I have this feeling witchu."

"I wouldn't hurt Mercedes so you got the wrong feeling ." He said , I eyed him tryna figure him out behind that skin.

"Ayte keep it like dat." I said.

He was bout to say something else.

"August who at the- oh hey Isaiah." She said coming to the door giving him a hug in only her bathing suit and still dripping wet.

"You wet? Why?" Isaiah asked.

"Pool and I forgot a towel." She said . He nodded.

"Oh well we gonna have to hang again one day.." He said then looked at me. "But ill catch you later." He said giving her a side hug before leaving.

"K bye Bestie!" She said then stepped back in, closing the door.

" I don't like him."

"Don't start August." She said going upstairs. I sighed .

"Ayte Mercedes whatever." I mumbled turning on the tv as Bentley came and sat beside me.

She came back down dry and in other clothes and sat beside me. Bentley jumped up beside her and started sniffing and licking her tummy.

"I think he can sense the baby." She said looking down at him, rubbing her stomach.

"I'm sure he can.." I muttered.

"What's wrong August?" She asked with a sigh.

"Just thinking." I said and kissed her cheek and rubbed her stomach.

"I'm ready fa little man to come!" I said .

"I'm not ready for that labor pain." She said flinching at the thought.

"Imma be right beside you though."

"Yeah I know but I still gotta go through it." I nodded.

"Yeah I know."

"I'm tired." She said laying back.

"It's only 2 p.m."

"Well I'm still tired." She said with her eyes getting droopy. I pulled her over as she laid her head on my chest.

9:56 that night

Mercedes

I woke up from my phone ringing and saw the ID was zane so I answered.

Hello?-"I answered half sleep.

-hey benz I'm bout to pick you up"

Why?-"

-I'm gonna take you to the hospital to see August"

I shot up out of the bed.

W-what happened?-"

-uh.....he was shot" .....

___

Oooo...comment !