chapter five

next day

Mercedes

I was woken up by my door opening.

"Aye Mercedes , wanna come to the gym with me?" August asked with a basketball in his hand. I rubbed my eyes as I sat up a bit.

"I think I'll stay here with Lexus..' I said bout to lay back down.
"She's gone, your mom and her went on a girl day and my dad had a business meeting..so you'll be by yourself" he said, I laid there for as second then got up.
"Ok , give me 30 minutes.." I said walking in the bathroom,starting the shower.

20 minutes later...

I got out, did my hygiene, put on lotion and my underclothes. I put on a thin sweater and some floral shorts with my blue converse. I left my curls down. I sprayed some perfume and walked out the bathroom. I walked downstairs and saw August on his phone with he ball on his lap.

"You ready?" I asked as I sat on the other couch.
"Is you??"
"Yes!"
"Ok let's go then.." He said getting up. He locked the door behind me and I began walking to his Rover.

"Come on, we finna walk ther' " he said getting on the sidewalk. I ran up beside him and began walking. He was still on his phone but I wanted to talk bout yesterday...
"So um August..bout yesterday.." He cut me off.

"Yeah what bout it?"
"Like what was all that? Where it come from? I'm just kinda confused.."
"You was teasing me and I was horny, so it happened.."
"I wasn't teasing you.."
"You in them booty shorts, yea that's a tease, kinda like right now!" He said, looking down at me.

"Whatever.." I said . We turned the corner and was like 6 blocks from the gym.
"But why does it matter anyway, you enjoyed it!" He said .
"Who said I did?"
"No one said you didn't.."
"Uhh maybe.."
"Nah no maybe you liked it..." He said and we walked in the gym. I rubbed my arms from it being cold and he turn the lights on, beginning to dribble the ball.
"It's freezing in here.."

"That's good so I won't burn up when I start getting hot!" He said and did a three pointer.
"Uhh I should've brought a blanket.." I said , sitting in the bleachers and he laughed.
"Just gonna have to take it princess.." He said dribbling. I grunted.
"Stop calling me that!"
"Why?"
"I don't like it!"
"Well too bad princess.."

"Ugh OMG August!" I said putting my arms on my knees as I had my head leaning on my hand. He kept doing three pointers, a few layups, and behind the back throws and every one , nothing but net. He was sweating at this point and had took his shirt off. He talking bout I was a tease....
"You want to try one?" He asked waving me over, holding the ball. I slowly got up and walked over to him.

"I don't play, I'm too short!"
"You good" he said putting me in front of him as he bent down to me.
"Now you grab the ball like this, you may need to jump to throw it , but you throw like this, with a arch in your hand and aim for the box on the backboard!" He said holding my waist as he told me everything. He let me go and backed up as I tried to throw but it went like 2 feet in front of me .

" ok let me help you this time.." He said getting the ball and got behind me. He had his hand on mine as I was finna throw the ball. And this time it went in , hitting the back board.
"YAAY, I'm a official NBA star!" I said cheering making him laugh.
"I don't know bout that ma!" He said laughing , shaking his head. I laughed too.

"Whatever, I don't play anyway, I'm dancer!!" I said folding my arms, he raised his eyebrow.
"Is that right..well let me see what you got!" He said folding his arms mocking me. I laughed and grabbed my phone.
"Record it. Imma put it on youtube !" I said handing him my phone, stole his hat and went to the other side of the gym.
"Gonna take a nigga hat? Ayte! But what song?" He asked, getting his phone out.
"Hm...drunk in love!"
"Ayte!" He said smirking and playing it. And I began free styling to it.