chapter thirty four

I'm freakin out!!!

"Mercedes please calm down girl!" Zane said as we was driving down the highway. I was just crying, I couldn't stop at this point.

"W-what if he dies zane , what if his child never knows his dad?" I asked trying to catch my breathe.

"Mercedes calm down first we're almost there , we'll see how serious it is ok?"

"Ok" I said sniffling.

We finally got there and I got out the car, going inside first.

"Gosh Mercedes ." Zane said as he finally got inside.

"Who are you all looking for?" A nurse behind the desk asked.

"August Alsina!!" I said leaning over the desk. She checked her computer .

"We'll he's in surgery right now so ill escort you all to the waiting room." She said getting up. She took a little farther down the hall, opening the door to the waiting room.

a few hours later

"Mercedes please stop crying!" Zane said rubbing my back, I could tell he was getting annoyed at this point but I can't help it.

"Why is it taking so long zane?" I said holding my face in my hands.

"Someone here for August Alsina ?" A nurse asked as she came to the door. We got up and I was right behind her as she took us to a room. She opened the door and I saw August watching tv with his leg up high.

"Oh my gosh!" I said as I rushed over to him, I kissed all over his face as tears streamed again.

" August what happened?! Where did they shoot you?! Are you ok?!"

"I'm fine Mercedes , It was in the leg!" He said pointing to it. I looked and saw it was like in his calf.

"Ugh I'm so sorry!" I said hugging him. He hugged back.

"Sorry for what? You didn't do nothing . It's not your fault."

"What happened?"

"Nigga from my block got mad cause I was out of bags. We started fighting and he end up shooting me in my leg."

"Ughh that's why I want you to stopppp" I whined.

"I'm glad you iight brotha!" Zane said giving him a handshake.

"Thanks mane!" August replied.

"Imma roll out, I'm tired as hell from all that damn crying Benz did." Zane said . August laughed and I scoffed. Zane walked out , throwing up the deuces before closing the door.

"Come here!" August said patting beside him. I climbed in the bed beside him and snuggled against him.

"Promise me you'll stop selling." I said against his chest.

"I can't promise you.."

"August!!" I said sitting up, looking up at him.

"I can't . That's how Imma make my money, I ain't finna get no job where a nigga boss me around."

"So you'd rather be shot than bossed around?"

"Hell yeah. Just doing what I gotta do Mercedes. It ain't my first time, I been selling before I met you and been shot befo so it's noting new."

I shook my head, climbing off the bed, sitting on the couch beside it.

"You're hardheaded August." I said.