chapter thirty

August

I just got dressed from my shower and was just chilling downstairs. Mercedes was still sleep and my mom was in the shower. I was just thinking bout what I did to Mercedes last night. I'm not technically mad at her but I just don't wanna lose her, and especially not that easy.

I don't wanna her to be stressing out over thinking I'm mad at her, so I decided to cook her a breakfast. She had an appointment this morning so I would have to wake her up in a little while. I continued cooking as my mom came downstairs.

"Morning baby, you cooking breakfast?"

"Morning ma , yeah I'm cooking some." I said she shook her head as she sat down .

" you would think that Mendie girl would do it." She said.

"Nah I don't expect it from her and her name's Mercedes ma." I said continuing to cook.

"A woman that doesn't cook is a woman who doesn't care, she should want to do this for you and make the effort. If she's not doing it now, she's not worth putting a ring on cause she surely wouldn't do it after marriage." She rambled on about. I shook my head.

"Ma don't do that please, she's great how she is, that's all I need."

"You say that now." She mumbled. I had finished cooking and handed her a plate then went upstairs. I sat the plate on the table then went over to Mercedes as she slept peacefully. I bent down to her level and placed light kisses on her face and neck, waking her.

" stop August.." She whined , pushing my face. I grabbed her hand and sat her up.

"Come on baby you gotta get up!" I told her. She sighed as she sat up.

"I feel sick August." She pouted, I handed her the plate.

"You think you can eat?"

"Aww that's so sweet August thank you, even if it may not stay down." She said with a slight chuckle. I smiled at her, she's beautiful . I couldn't let no nigga just come in here and take her from me just because he's an old friend.

I left out the room and let her eat, as I ate with my mom who was just rambling on bout stuff.

--------

Mercedes

I got out the shower, lotioned down after drying then put on some comfortable clothes on. I went out the bathroom and went downstairs, taking bubbles outside, making sure Bentley didn't mess with him then let him back in, as I filled his food bowl so he could eat. I went over to the fridge to get a bottle of water as I felt eyes burning through my back.

"Oh morning Mrs.Alsina." I said with a smile as I turned around.

" hello Mari." She said blankly. I sighed .

"It's Mercedes."

"Don't get smart with me."

"I wasn't ma'am I was just sayin-"

"See August she's so disrespectful, this what you wanna be with?" She said scrunching up her face as she looked at him as he came from downstairs.

"What happened ma?" He asked totally oblivious to the whole thing.

"Nothing just nothing!" She said as she went upstairs, slamming the door. I grunted loudly, she's a real bitch.

"What went down?"

"I just told her my name was Mercedes cause she said it wrong again and she just blew up on me." I said. He shook his head.

"Oh don't mind her, she haven't warm up to you yet."