6

Easing out of the kiss, Elena looked at Elijah, his eyes dear and mellow, now brushing  over her cheek with his thumb, he whispered lovingly-

"I love you, too."

"What are we going to do? I don't want to come between you and Klaus- everything is - such a big mess" - Elena said worryingly.

"Let me handle things"- Elijah said removing a streak of her hair from her forehead.

"I wish you don't have to go back. At least not this very minute" - Elena squeezed his hand gently.

"I don't have to go back this very minute" - Elijah now said.

Elena smiled a little and now taking the Original by the hand, they walked back into the house.

🏡

In New Orleans, Davina's apartment

"I didn't know that there is a way to kill Klaus" - the young witch said trying to process all her Elder said.

"The Parker's are a very powerful coven, and they have created the a beastly tribrid wolf."

"Tribrid wolf? Like Hope?"

"No. They are pure beasts. There is no witch or vampire aspect in them. Before vampires, there were werewolves. There were 4 Original families. One line died out. Three remained. One of their descendants is Lucien Castle, who now got the power of the other two families, as he married Freya Mikaelson."

"What are you talking about? What Freya Mikaelson?"

"The long lost daughter of Dahlia Mikaelson and Mikael."

"What?"

"Yes. Klaus Mikaelson is not the only bastard child. Mikael and Dahlia were to marry, but then, Esther married Mikael, and Dahlia kept her child, not telling Mikael about it. There was another twin. His name is Bjorn Mikaelson"

"Whoa-" - Davina now exclaimed-"when did you find all this out?"

"The day, you and Lenore cut me down. I came to you to tell you this." - Vincent said.

"I am sorry" - Davina now said.

"Enough of that. You will now taje Hope and take her to the ancestry oak and we will get her magic."

"How am I going to do this?"

"Find a way. Or you will not live to see another day."

🏡

In Mystic Falls
Gilbert House

Elena woke up, finding that Elijah was gone. She sat up and now saw a folded paper   on the nightstand. She opened it and read -

"I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close."
Pablo Neruda

Always and Forever,
Elijah

Elena now laid back, holding the paper with the poem close to her heart, feeling it pounding with the most profound feeling of love.

In the car, on the way to New Orleans, Elijah's thoughts were with Elena and their night together.

Without words, she lead him up to her room. There was so much they wanted to say to one another, but whatever words would come out, they could never say all what they were feeling.

"I want to be with you, so much" - he now uttered, caressing her hair, his warm eyes looking at her mesmerized with her beauty-"But- before I - we talk to him-"

"Yes- you are right-" - Elena said and placing a small kiss on his lips now went to the bed and laid on it.

Elijah took his jacket off and laid next to her.

She laced her fingers through his, giving a small loving smile. He brought the back of her hand to kiss it softly, whispering-

"I love you"

"I love you, too. Oh, Elijah, I wish - I was so stupid for thinking you hooked up with Antoinette- none of this would have happened- I would not sleep"

"Shshsh- let's not go back to it. That is now the past."

"You know that- since the day I met you in Rousseau's - I - felt this connection with you-"

"Me, too. And- it felt like I knew you - that we met somewhere else-and - it was not because you were the doppelganger - you know what I mean - because you are nothing like the doppelganger I knew- you are so sweet and loving - you wear your heart on the sleeve- I've been searchin a long time for someone like you, making it all worth the while"

Elena just looked at him with starry-eyed, twaring up now a little.

"Hey- why the tears- darling" - Elijah now removed a tear escaping her eye.

"In my dream - huh- we are lying like this - and - like you say - it's like - so real - like now.

Oh, I wish we can stay like this - forever"

Elijah smiled, drawing her a bit closer to him, now kissing her deeply, gently, tugging her lips softly as he draws away, placing a tiny finishing peck on her lips.

Elena's eyes now beamed up at his, with a loving gleam shooting out.

"Always and Forever" - she whispered, before nestling her head on his chest.

And they laid like that quiet, him, caressing her dearly.

Eventually she fell asleep, and he craddled her like the most precious thing in the world, wanting nothing else but hold her like that forever.

As the first rays of light set on his face, he knew that the most magical of nights was slipping away. He hated to leave her, but he had to.