2

Elena put her phone down, holding it in her lap, looking at it like it while silent tears streamed down her eyes. The conversation still drumming in her head -

Picking up the call, she said softly-
"Elijah- are you all right?"

"I am fine. How are you? Where are you? Hayley said that Klaus took you out of town" - Elijah said worried.

"I am -" - Elena sighed and then continued-"I am on my way to Mystic Falls"

"Mystic Falls- why?" - Elijah was puzzled.

"Matt said that Klaus' witches will get the boundary up, and - it is the safest place for me and -" - Elena went quiet as she felt a rush of tears chocking her and she gulped trying to swallow them.

"And-?" - Elijah knew there was more. Even when she was her most silent, he could feel her, he could tell that something was going on.

"I am pregnant, Elijah. I - huh- I found out that night - before Hollow took me - and -"

"Pregnant" - Elijah's voice sounded broken. His heart was hit with thousand daggers. He knew that the only one that could be the father was his brother. And he knew that she, no matter how she felt for him, her feelings would now be set on the baby, on Klaus, on their little family. She was not like the Hybrid Queen of Crescents, she, Elena would want to have a family, no matter if it was supernatural or an ordinary human family. Same as him, family was the one very important thing. And though she and Klaus were broken up, the baby would bring them together.

"If only I met you first" - Elena now slipped, not realky knowing what to say as her heart ached like mad.

"If only" - Elijah muttered faintly, but then, being a master of supressed feelungs, he said in a dear mellow voice -
"You must now concentrate on the baby. You have to be safe."

"Elijah"- Elena now cut in- but went quiet.

"A child is a good thing. Hope has already brought so much goodness out of him, and this child will even more. A bond of family is something Klaus craved since he was a boy."

They both now were quiet. None of them able to say anything. Whatever words were to be said could not lessen the heartache.

-I love you- Elena's heart screamed.

" I wish - "Elijah now started- and now seeing his brother with the Queen of Crescents enter the bar in the French Quarter, finished -"I have to go."

And with that he hung up.

Two years back

New York

Elena hugged one of her best friend's from High School warmly.

"Oh, it so good to see you" - Caroline said_"Oh, it feels like it's been a thousand years"

"More" - Elena said to her vampire friend.

"How are you coping after - everything?" - Caroline asked referring to the transition.

"Now I am good. But it was tough. Still can't drink normalky like everyone else, and can only have A-."-Elena replied-"Bonnie said that I could only drink from an Original."

"Yeah, Bonnie calked me. So, have you found the Original vampire? Apparently there is a family. Four brothers and two sisters."

"Well, no. But, Bonnie did a srrange locator spell and one should live in New York." - Elena said.

"Shame Bonnie could not come."

"Yeah, but she is in her 8th month and she is too wrapped up in getting Kai back from - whereever he disappeared to." Elena explained.

"She told me that his family locked him up in some strange alternative prison parallel plane. But why? " - Caroline said.

"Yes, his father is a lunatic. It's a long story."

"Kai, if he is alive, doesn't even know that he will be a daddy soon?!"

"No, but, we have to keep the truth aboutvthe baby daddy, because, crazy as the Parkers are, they might take the baby away from Bonnie." - Elena said.

Caroline took a deep breath-

"How did all go so mad?"

"That's Mystic Falls for you."- Elena said-"I'm sorry about you and Tyler."

"Forget it. I'm done. Now, I am going to enjoy life. New York is amazing. You will love it here." - Caroline said-"We will now have a cocktail to celebrate you being - ok and to our new life away from the mystic everything ."
Caroline turned to the bartender.

Elena swayed her look to tge doir, and now saw a handsome, thirty something walk in the bar. Her vampire senses immediately felt he is of the same kind.

He now took his leather jacket off, putting itvon the chair and, since she kind of stared at him, smiled at her, wetting his lips a bit.

-to be continued-

-to be continued-

⬅️➡️

a/n: It's short, but - so is the lunch break. Lol. Thanks for reading. Luv ya guys, xoxo 😘💕