1

Earlier

Earlier

Elena, feeling still pretty drowsy, now felt her head. Quickly she realized she was in a car and Matt was at the wheel.

"What is this? Where are we going?"

"I'm taking you out of New Orleans. Back to Mystic Falls. Klaus said that you will be safer there."- Matt said not looking at Elena.

"No, Matt! Take me back to the French Quarter. I need to help Elijah!"

"Elijah is fine. Hayley took your blood to him."- Matt replied.

"What? How? When?" - Elena said agitated a bit.

"You were out for two days. The Hollow nearly consumed your soul. It nearly killed Davina, but she managed to break the link it had attached onto you."

"Take me back. I have to see Elijah, I have to talk to him."- Elena said in a demanding voice.

Breathing in, feeling a tad bit nauseous, she looked down and now saw a ring on her finger. Not any ring. An engagement ring, and now the memory of Klaus proposing came flashing back in, and her acxepting it, not really sure why she did it.

"Oh, no" - she now uttered.

"What? What is it?" - Matt asked.

Another memory now shot in -

Flashback

Algiers, NOLA, Elijah's apartment, a few days ago, before Hollow got hold of Elena.

"I am in love with you and - I know you have unresolved feelings about Klaus- still I - this is how I feel."

"Oh, Elijah- what I feel - I don't know how I feel - about anything. After I flipped the switch and - I am so grateful that you helped me get some of my emotions in order - I am still confused about everything. And now I got to go - can we talk about it later-tonight, ok? I really got to go now. Lenore needs my blood to do the spell to protect the Bayou hybrids."

"Yes. I will see you later." - Elijah said with a smile and loving glitter in his eyes.

Elena smiled back at the Original, her heart jumping up. She then swished out of the apartment.

All that followed afterwards was like walking into a nightmare.

She was in love with Elijah, too. But how- why did she say yes yes to marrying Klaus- the memory was there, but it was fuzzy and so vague. And then, suddenly it kicked in so clear.

Flashback

In the French Quarter that night

"Yes, you are pregnant" - Davina said to Elena.

"What? You are not serious? But I am not a hybrid"

"No. But you are the chosen one. The vampire with mystic blood and mystiv soul" - Davina explained.

Elena sat down now on the sofa gobsmacked. She was clearly in the state of shock.

Klaus had already had a child with the hybrid Queen of Crescent wolf pack. And Klaus was the only one she had been with, even though they were broken up now for more than a month.

Now, she sighed, looking at her belly. You are 8 weeks far along.The witch's words now rang in her head.

Her phone rang and she now saw Elijah's name on the display

-to be continued-

💕❤️
a/n: I am busy as a bee, but hey, at lunch time, put this together. Lol. Xoxo 😘💕