Prologue & Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

Usually after my powers I'm always drained. The only other God that has the power to do that is my dad's enemy.

The girl looked at me then paused for a second then dropped her things and ran, I ran after her "Wait!" I called.

When I came close enough I grabbed her ankle and we both fell down, she struggled to crawl away kicking her legs.

"I'm not going to hurt you, I'm like you." I said as she eyed my black skull necklace, "Please, don't hurt me." She muttered.

Caitlin's pov

The boy helped me up and I looked at him,"'What do you want?" I asked.

"Who are you?" He asked his eyes studided my locket.

"I asked you first." I put my locket into my shirt as he looked up at my face.

"No I asked you first." 

"Who are you?" He asked again.

"Tell me who you are first!"

"For Gods shake Nico just tell her!" A girl yelled. I looked at the girl, she looked exactly like Nico, maybe his sister?

"Fine." Nico said.

"I'm Nico Di Angelo." Nico said holding his hand out to me.

"Caitlin James." I said.

"Why'd you run?"

"I thought you were with the people."

"What people?"

"From the Lotus Casino."

"Lotus Casino, I think i have been there. "

"I should leave." I said.

"Why?" Nico asked.

"I don't belong here, I don't even know where I'm going with my life, I have no idea where my family is."

"I'll help you find your family." He smiled at me. He had the prettiest green eyes I had ever seen.

"No, I wouldn't want to see you get hurt."

"Excuse me?"

"All the monsters that chase me, it's just too much."

"I know a place you could go." I said.

"Really?"

"Yea." Nico said.

"Please, show me." I said as he held out his hand.

I smiled as I grabbed his hand and we were suddenly in a forest.

"Come on now." Nico said. I ran up with him below us was a camp like place with Cabins all different sizes. I looked up at the sign and it read 'Camp Half-Blood'

"Here." Nico said. He turned around

"Aren't you going to stay?" I asked.

"No."

"Why?"

"I don't belong here."

"What do you mean?"

"They have cabins for you God-Parent or your Olympian parent, I don't have one."

"That's not right you should be included."

"You don't understand, I'm not welcome here, either is Bianca because Hades is our dad."

"Oh." I said before Nico disappeared.