A smiled formed on the toddler's face and he clapped his hands in approval. "Glad you approve, son, now let's get you ready." Turning off the television he gathered Tim in his arms and carried him down the hall to his bedroom. Flipping on the light he lay him down on the changing table and went to his closet. He'd ironed Tim's clothes a few days ago and now grabbed each item off the hanger. "You're going to look so handsome tonight, my boy." Tim gurgled happily around his thumb, lying contently as Gibbs changed his diaper and removed the rest of his clothing. Slipping a white onesie over his head, Gibbs buttoned it at the crotch and slid on his black dress pants. Pulling Tim into a sitting position he guided his arms through each armhole before buttoning up the front. "Well aren't you a chip off the old block."

The only part of their attire that didn't match was their ties. While Gibbs preferred a traditional tie, Tim was adamant on a bow tie so that he could match his Grandpa Ducky. Gibbs knew the older man would get a kick out of seeing his grandson in a bow tie and after all he'd been through the past month it was the least he could do. Since he'd never worn a bow tie before it took him a few minutes to tie it correctly, but eventually he managed and stood back to admire his work. "Looks good to me, if it's not right then we'll certainly hear about it from Grandpa Ducky."

Gibbs slipped socks and shoes on the little guy and stood him up. Tim wobbled back and forth, using his daddy's shoulders to provide stability. "Doing a great job, Timmy. Let me tuck in your shirt and we'll be ready to go back downstairs." After tucking in the toddler's shirt he sat him back down on the changing table. "I almost forgot we have one more thing to put on you." Reaching into the dresser drawer he pulled out a Santa hat and handed it over to Tim. "You want to wear this tonight?" Tim smiled, attempting to put the hat on by himself. Although he gave it a good effort, Gibbs ended up straightening the hat and tucking some of Tim's curls underneath it. "Now you look ready for Christmas!"

XXX

On their way downstairs the doorbell rang causing Tim to giggle in delight. Gibbs smiled, god he loved to see his son happy and hear him laugh. His little boy's smile could light up a room.

"I wonder who it could be."

"Toey?"

"It's possible although your uncle is hardly on time for anything. If I was to make a guess I would say it's probably your grandpas and Abby."

Unlocking and opening the door he exclaimed "Merry Christmas" to Ducky, Jackson and Abby.

A trio of Merry Christmases was returned almost in unison as Gibbs stepped aside to allow the three to enter. "Looks like everyone has their hands full, is there anything else in the car that needs to come inside?"

"Nope, I think we have everything Gibbs." Abby paused, carefully inspecting the Gibbses outfits. "Oh - my- gosh," she shrieked, "You two look so handsome!"

Tim bounced excitedly in his daddy's arm as the three guests removed their coats and hung them in the closet. Ducky was the first to finish and walked toward his grandson. "Gwapa Duck! Mish u!" Tim squealed, extending his arms out as the older man approached. "Ah there's my dear boy. I have missed you too." Still ensconced in Gibbs' arms the toddler leaned over and wrapped his arms around Ducky's neck. Squeezing tightly as he was enveloped in his grandfather's embrace he whispered, "Lub u."

"I love you too, Timothy."

Gibbs allowed them another moment then cleared his throat as he stepped back, breaking the connection between the two of them. "Duck, did you happen to notice what type of tie Timmy is wearing?"

A huge smile appeared on the older man's face, "I most certainly did, Jethro." He reached up and grabbed each end of the bow to straighten it out. "I'm so honored that my grandson has taken a liking to my type of neckwear." He paused to examine every square inch of Tim's outfit, "I do have to say that it suits the lad quite well."