Chapter Two: Hello and Goodbye

Rose joins her grandmother for dinner, sitting in silence as they finish eating. The two of them have always had a close relationship, especially after her grandfather passed away eight years ago. Eliza has and still is grateful for the comfort Rose gave her when her husband died.

"I'll go make us some tea" Rose ends the soothing silence as the two had now sat down in the living room, the news playing on the TV in the background. Eliza smiles and nods at the granddaughter as she wonders off into the kitchen. Upon hearing the sound of the kettle boiling Eliza decides to stand up and goes to check on Rose. 

Rose sighs as she steps towards the fridge, opening it to take out the milk. She closes it quickly, only to see the glimpse of a familiar face. She frowns at the photo of her grandfather Joe, as it shows him on his small fishing boat. Rose can't help but smile at the look on her grandfather's face as it appears joyful and full of life. Eliza watches Rose from the door frame leading to the quant kitchen. 

"I miss him" Eliza utters, make herself noticeable. Rose continues to look at the photo with a saddened gaze. The loss of her parents is hard to bare but her first encounter with death was when her grandfather died.

"Everyday" Rose adds, turning back to the other counter. Pouring the water into the two mugs, Rose adds the tea, sugar and milk before stirring lightly.

"How do you do it?" Eliza asks her, referring to how she can miss him every single day and still go on.

Rose leans back against the counter passing Eliza her tea and while taking a sip of her own.

"I don't know" Rose replies, shrugging her shoulders.

"The first few months after he passed were hard, but sooner or later you become numb to the loss. You will never forget your parents, but you'll find a way to cope eventually. They would want you to live a happy life. I have outlived my husband and my daughter. I get through it because I still have someone. I have you"  Eliza tells her granddaughter. Rose drinks her tea letting the burning sensation of the hot liquid stop her from crying.

"Your right, I still have you" Rose admits, happy that she still had someone in her family.

"When grandpa Joe died, I kept telling myself that he had left to try and find Atlantis" Rose jokes causing her grandmother to almost spit out her tea with laughter. Her husband had been obsessed with the ocean and all its secrets. Joes father passed on many stories and through every generations they carried on. Joe was adamant that the fallen city of Atlantis is real.

"He would never shut up about that place" Eliza chuckles shaking her head at the picture of Joe.

"However, I am certain if he was to have gone searching for Atlantis he would have taken us with him." Eliza adds quickly recalling that her husband was a family man and would never just leave them.

"Just another one of his crazy adventures" Rose comments, grinning from ear to ear.

"Maybe he wasn't so crazy after all. With the Aquaman now working alongside other heroes and possible proof of a being capable of breathing underwater, who's to say he isn't an Atlantean?" Rose questions, remembering the news headlines that surfaced last year when a group of heroes came together to defeat a being named Steppenwolf. A new and unknown hero at the time went by the name Aquaman, there had been very few photos of him circulating as he was best known to be a legend that helped land dwellers fish. 

"We'll probably never know. That Aquaman has been quiet for some time now, ever since Superman returned. He is not the sort to go on TV for an interview." Eliza tells her granddaughter as they sent down there now empty mugs in the sink and return to the living room.