She uses my attention being on the ground to throw cracked asphalt at me and I don't have time to stop it. I force the rocks upwards and they shatter from the impact in the change of direction before sprinkling back down like rain on us. She puts her hand out to the side and throws a car at me. I focus on the frame of the car and slow it down. I hear the screams of people inside and try to put the car down gently. Somebody jumps in front of me and takes the brunt of the blow she just threw.

I grab onto the molecules of her limited clothing and she freaks out. She keeps shaking everything around me violently and I try to calm the storm she is creating but, in my efforts to save everything around me, I lose my grip on her and she disappears.

"Damn it!" I yell frustrated. I know I am going to hear it from G later.

"Alpha, start making sure everyone is okay," G yells at me and I jump into action helping check on people and get people out of the totaled car.

When all has calmed down and it is safe for us to leave, we return back to M4 headquarters. Pulling the mask off of my face I sit down on the floor and stretch out as everyone unwinds. I keep waiting for G to chew me about my mess up, but he remains quiet as he completes tasks on the tablet. I plop back down on the couch next to Lena and check my own phone until someone clears their throat.

"Let's break down what happened today," G says taking a seat on the couch across from us. He grabs the tablet we keep all of our notes on.

"Well Lena and Aviva were the first on the scene so they should be the ones to break everything down," Macie says while playing with a piece of metal.

"Avi, why don't you start," Lena says too busy on her phone. I roll my eyes at her antics. 

"Well Lena and I both felt the energy shift and we immediately went downtown..." I start and recount everything that happened.

"How do you think you did today Aviva?" Greyson asks me, and everybody's attention is on me now.

"I messed up," I say flatly.

"I think you are being a little harsh, nobody died today and on top of that, there were very minimal injured. You also managed to contain all of her attacks except for the one which you deflected to an area that didn't cause any harm," Macie says sitting up.

"I let her go," I say shaking my head.

"You didn't let her go; you had a choice to make Aviva. You could save the people or keep your grip on her. You'll get another chance to face her and then maybe we'll have a plan to actually take her down," Greyson says, and I stand up from the couch and grab my things.

"Where are you going, Avi?" Lena asks.

"To work out," I say before leaving.

I'm not at the gym very long before Lena walks in. I'm not sure what compelled her to follow me, but my dad found my grips the other day and I want to use them on the bars they have. Chalking up my hands, I climb onto the high bar and start warming up. This is a lot harder then I remember it to be.

"Can you stop ignoring me already," Lena calls out as I flip up to the higher bar and nearly miss.

"Who said I was ignoring you, I thought you were just enjoying the show," I drawl out as I hop down. I'm going to need to work back up to this.

"I've been standing here for almost half an hour," she says flatly.

"Do you honestly think I have a sense of time when I work out?" I ask because we both know the answer to that.