Prologue

3rd POV

A greyhound bus screeched to a halt, the brakes whining terribly that it was obvious that it needed a change. An old, oversized bus driver gave out an exhausted sigh. Running a hand over his white mustache that was trimmed carefully on his top lip, he removed his hat after a long night drive. Shiny, bald head was exposed as the bus driver stood up to stretch his legs after sitting down for a long period of a time.

"Welcome to Forks, Washington," the bus driver stated, startling some of the passengers who were fast asleep.

At the very back of the bus, a young woman, who looked around to be in her late teens, maybe even barely reaching early 20's. Her sea-green eyes were wide open, dark circles plaster underneath them since she has been up for a while. Running her fingers through her raven black hair, she bit her bottom lip as she watched everybody slowly getting up on their feet.

Glancing one time at the window, showing nothing but the darkness of the night and raindrops gliding down the glass as thunders roared up in the dark clouds. Witnessing half of the people already making a rush towards the bus stop building, the young woman rose to her feet.

She gave out a small grunt when she felt her bones and joints pop here and there. A pair of tan and worn out hiking boots scraped against the bus floor as she smoothed out her jeans, the bottom of them rolled up to her ankles. Reaching up to the compartment above her, she quickly slid arms through her black hoodie. Rubbing her arms up and down to create some sort of friction, she easily grabbed her duffel bag and slung the strap across her chest.

Mentally preparing herself for another long journey ahead, the woman's eyes caught sight of another young lady, possibly a little bit older than herself, struggling to grab the bag above her. Stuffing her hands in her pockets, she took a couple steps forward, the struggling woman back facing her.

After a couple more seconds of witnessing the shorter woman struggling, she stepped closer, startling the woman by her near presence. She grabbed the backpack before tugging it out, offering the shorter woman a smile as she handed her the backpack.

Getting over her shock, the shorter woman turned around to thank her. She blinked back in surprise when she took notice an infant, most likely at the age of ten months old, staring wide-eyed back at her. Sea-green clashed against those innocent blue eyes.

"Thank you so much," the young mother thanked her as she grabbed her bag.

"No problem," she offered her a small smile, taking in the mother and the child.

The baby is comfortably placed in one of those baby sling. The baby girl, which she figured by the bright pink colors, is covered head to toe with winter outfit. With fluffy socks, a fleece onesie with the hood up showing a pair of bear ears, covering already her small head with a baby cap. A puffy white coat made her look even more adorable. Even her chubby hands were covered in mittens.

The baby gave out girly squeal when she stared at her, smiling wide which revealed only two teeth. The younger woman face softened, her heart melting at the sound. She wiggled her fingers in front of the child eyes, revealing another fit of giggles.

The child is a spitting image of her mother except for her eyes. She is 5'5, with brown hair in a messy bun. Her eyes were a dark brown and looked to be in her early 20's. She wore a black warm jacket, with grey sweatpants, and tennis shoes.

"Us girls have to stick together, am I right?" She winked at the baby before giving the young mother an encouraging smile.

The young mother chuckled quietly, her eyes showing nothing but adoration as she bounced a bit, placing a loving hand on top of her daughters head. The young woman waited patiently for the mother, even offering her help to carry some of the bags. With little to no effort at all, she carried two of her bags as the three of them began to descend out of the bus.