"Fuck you, Val." I shouldered by him, going upstairs to grab my shit. I know he's right. I hadn't taken my role as part of this club seriously since that goddamn night, but that didn't mean he could treat me like I have no right to know what's going on.

"This is getting old Scarlett. Every time you don't agree with something you can't just leave.  That's one of the reasons I don't tell you shit anymore."

"Whatever." I heard him sigh angrily from behind me. He grabbed my wrist and spun me around to face him. The look in his eyes replaced my anger with guilt.

"That's the fucking problem. If you cared about this club, and if you cared about me or any of the guys, you would quit running away and face shit like the rest of us. I can't sit back and watch you tick like a goddamn timebomb anymore." I didn't say anything. He was right, like usual.

"You taking your meds?"

"Yeah I'm taking my meds."

"You need to see the shrink again?"

"No."

"Then prove it. Next time I see you the way you were last night I'm sending you back. I don't care how much you fight me on it. Nate wouldn't want-"

"Enough. I got it."

"Do you? You could've gotten yourself killed last night, running into gunfire like that. You think that's ok?" Well fuck. Guess that's what happened last night.

"I didn't mean- I didn't even know I did that, alright?" he sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Quit burying your sadness in a fucking bottle. You're goddamn lucky that Jax caught you."

"Who? Did we get a new prospect or something?"

"Yeah something like that." Knowing there was more to that story, I finally turned around to face him. He looked exhausted and I knew it was my fault. I was only adding to the stress of being forced into running a club. I walked up to him, wrapping my arms around his middle. He was always so much bigger than me. I felt him relax a little before wrapping his arms around my shoulder and resting his chin on top of my head.

"I know how hard this is for you Scar, but I can't lose you too. I already lost a brother, I can't lose my baby sister too. I need you to try, if not for yourself then I need you to do it for me." I had tried to distance myself from Val especially because he was like a second brother to me. He had been in my life since I was born. He was there for me for my entire life and I pushed him away when we both needed each other most, all because I was fucking terrified to lose him too. I felt my chest tighten at his words. This wasn't the first time we had this conversation, but I wanted it to be the last. I couldn't form the right words, so I just nodded against his chest. It felt like for the first time I actually meant it.

"You're still going to have to tell me what's going on, you know that right?"

"You're not going to like it."

"I had a feeling you were going to say that. Spill."

"You should sit."

"Val."

"Alright, alright. You know the Diablos killed Nate and were responsible for a shit load of other attacks on our warehouses and land" I could feel rage flying through my every part of my body at the mention of them "well, we've had a rivalry with them since our parents were running this club. Without Nate, they know we're weak. I know Nate didn't want to, but I had to call in backup. We're fighting a losing battle. We need an ally."

"And where are we supposed to find one?"

"Couple towns over. They're small but I've heard some shit about their president. He's a whack job, that's for sure, but we could use them and their resources.  They call one of the guys the Crow because he's a goddamn omen for death."

"Because that's really what we need right now. More death."

"At least with him on our side it won't be on us. It'll be them. We can end this once and for all and move on. All of us." I knew that last part meant me.

"So a patch over?"

"Maybe. They're small in numbers and looking to expand so I figured we could come to some sort of agreement, maybe make them a charter."

"Ok. I don't want to fight with you anymore so whatever you think is best for the club, I'll have to be ok with it."

"Good. Now you better get to the shop considering you're like 5 hours late." He pushed me off with a smile. I got ready, feeling a little bit better than I had in the past couple months. I knew I needed closure, and maybe this was how I could get it.