Chapter 18: The Machine

Start from the beginning

"What did you see?" Cannery questioned.

"I don't know what it is but from the looks of it, the non metas are building some kind of device" He said

"Kind looks like a radio tower of some form, something to power up his army maybe" You head Jaime say in the background.

"Whatever it is doesn't sound good" Dick said.

"He must be planning on using it when he attacks" You said.

"But what good would that do if we don't know what its meant for" Conner said.

"We now know what he has planned" Batman said.

"But is it enough?" Wonder Woman said.

"We still need to know what it dose" Superman said.

"Jeran can you find out what it is they are building and it's purpose from some of the non-metahumans you have already rescued?" Kal asked

"They don't know ether" He responded.

"Maybe the others might know?" Megan suggested

"There is a possibility" Martin Manhunter answered.

"We can try I'll call back to update you" He said.

"Be careful don't get caught ok" You said.

"We have been doing this a while now but we won't" He said and the line was cut off.

"Now what?" Arty asked.

"Now we do what we need to" Batman said

"We keep stopping the kidnappings" Zatanna said. All the while Wally looked at you.

When you all left the room he began to walk next to you, "you ok? " He asked obviously worried.

"Yea I just don't like putting him in more danger" You said referring to Jeran.

"He can do it he has a great mentor" He said placing his hand on your shoulder, this put a small sweet smile on your face as you looked at him thanking him, as he gave you one in return.

All the while the others were looking on with smiles and smirks already seeing that it's only a matter of time before you guys become a couple.

Xx On Apokolips xX

Locking their shelter and assurring that's it's hidden the rebel duo made their way back down a now very well known path to where the other humans were being held.

Sticking to the shadows like he was taught Jeran saw two perra-demons in his was"two of them" He whispered to blue beetle. As blue nodded his head Mage faded into the shadows qppering behind the two demons and effectively knocking them out as blue made his way overover.

"Nice work" Blue complimented cause Mage to blush a little, and it only made it worse when he held his hand to be able to go through the shadows and into the building.

They immediately made quick work rescuing some metas and some non-metas, before spotting the machine when hiding behind a few creates

They immediately made quick work rescuing some metas and some non-metas, before spotting the machine when hiding behind a few creates. "Where did they get these creates from?" Blue asked

"I have no idea" Mage responded looking on to the few perademons who seemed to be tinkering with the machine.

Blue looked closer to the creates eyes widening in the process, "wow" He said causing mage to look at him confused,  "these creates are from Wayne tech and this one says from Lex Lutor industries" He said and mage looked back towards the machine in question.

"Do any of you know what that thing dose?" Mage asked. 

However he did not get the answer he hoped for see that them shake their heads, "They never told us what it was but forced us to build it" One man said. 

"We should get out of here before were spotted" Blue said.  Nodding his head Mage took them back however they did not expect to see five perademons walking along their path.

"Crap" Blue said.

"Ok you guys stay hidden here ok" Mage told the rescues,  and smiled when he saw them nod. Turning to blue he nodded and they both made their way into a fight.

Sending a stream of shadows Mage grabbed one of the peers demons and slammed him into a near by rock as blue blasted another. The other three turned around and spotted the two hero's and immediately went to attack, dodging their attacks mage kneed one in the stomach then hit it with a roundhouse kick to the face effectively knocking it out.

Blue turned his hand into a shield blocking an attack then flew above it turning his hand into a hammer slamming it into the demons head knocking it out in the process. They turned and saw the last demon making its way towards the rescues, "No!" Both boys yelled. Mage sent a blast of shadows towards the demon while blue sent a blast of his own.

They were supprised when they attack combined into one, hitting the perademon in the back kicking it through a rock

They were supprised when they attack combined into one, hitting the perademon in the back kicking it through a rock. "That's a new one" Blue said as Mage nodded. But they shock couldn't last to long they made their way towards the others and lead them back to their base making sure they weren't followed. 

Xx Back at the watchtower xX

You got a call again and made your way towards the others plugging it in once again. "Alright guys you on speaker did you find out anything about that machine?" You asked.

"No sorry it seems that Dark Seid and Savage are keeping everything underwraps" Jeran said.

"And we can't get to close without being spotted" Blue said.

"Understood-" Batman said.

"However" Jeran said causing Batman to be cut off and raise and eyebrow in qurstion.

"It had a few creates there" He said.

"What dose that have to do with anything?" Oliver asked

"The creates was from Wayne tech and Lex Lutor Industries" Blue said.

"Really?" You said,

"He's right a few creates were stolen from Lutor Industries" Dick said.

"And that would explain the few break-in at Wayne tech" You said placing a hand on your hip.

"So their using Wayne tech's and Lutor's equipment to build the machine" Arty said.

"What exactly are those two planning" You asked.