Chapter 23 - Silent Treatment

Start from the beginning

"Well, either way, I want you to know that whatever happens between us is up to you. We don't have to be anything more than this."

"What do you want though?"

"I'm honestly just happy to be around you, anything else is just a perk." He tells me as he pecks the tip of my nose, making me chuckle. Then his eyes gained a mischievous twinkle as he whispered, "I'm willing to be anything you want."

"Like just my friend?"

He nodded.

"My lover?" I question with a slightly raised eyebrow.

He smirked, "Most definitely." 

I returned the smirk murmuring, "I'll keep that in mind."

Once we were off the train, Chris and I hung back from the rest of the group, enjoying the for once pleasant breeze of the night.

Chris pulled me aside as we reached the campus telling me, "So, I have some news that you might like."

"Which is?"

He gently grabbed my shoulders and turned me around, his breath hitting my neck as he says, "I'm in that hotel right there, so you can come see me whenever you want or better yet, you can come with me right now."

I peered slightly over my shoulder at him quietly questioning, "Right now?"

His fingertips ran down my arm, raising goosebumps against my skin along the way. His other hand held my waist firmly as he tells me, "I nearly suggested it the second you stepped out in that dress this afternoon."

I peered around to see that the others had disappeared inside, so it was just the two of us out here. It wasn't that I didn't long for Chris, but part of me was still apprehensive. How far was I willing to let this go?

Chris seemed to catch onto my hesitation as he moved to stand in front of me and his voice came out in a soothing tone, "You don't have to do anything you aren't ready for, Amber. I just wanted to let you know that the offer is there when and if you want it."

"Okay." Is all I can manage to get out in a whisper.

He chuckled quietly, "Okay, what?"

"I'll go with you and we'll figure out the rest along the way."

His fingertips languidly stroked my jawline, "Are you sure that's what you want? You aren't doing this for my sake?"

I nodded, "I'm sure."

He smiled softly before leaning down to give me a deep kiss. When he let go he murmurs, "I hope your friends won't miss you too much."

"Why do you say that?" I question as I allow him to lead me into the direction of the hotel down the road.

"Because I'm going to have you for a while."

I inhaled sharply at what his words suggested and my mind supplied some ideas that made it hard for me to walk straight. He led me through the hotel lobby that was still fairly busy even though it was late. I barely noticed the people that we passed by and in the elevator the music was more like white noise as this sense of anticipation coursed through my veins. I couldn't believe that this was about to happen, but I wasn't going to put a stop to it.

I glanced up at Chris, finding him stealing glimpses at me as well. My eyes strayed to his lips as he bit at one of the rings in his mouth. I had to look away out of fear that I might attack him right in front of these strangers in the elevator with us, I wasn't feeling up to that sort of embarrassment right now.

When we reached our stop, his hand pressed against the small of my back, guiding me out with him. My need for him was growing unbearable, so the second we were hidden away in his new hotel room, I grabbed the collar of his shirt and slammed my mouth to his.