Journey's End (II. Trounced)

A/N: Endgame is going to be lit asf.

Just to be safe, there's some slight mood whiplash coming your way...

🎬🎬

Wanda could feel the impact of the mortar shell as if it landed right next to her. The hell of those two days which she and Pietro had to endure never left, buried in her subconscious only to now be revisited in gory detail. The hatred of Stark and the death of her beloved bother among a war rolled into a ball of grief and turmoil that welled up inside until it felt like she couldn't breathe.

The strong wave of negative energy is overwhelming, pressing against her temples with enough force to make her rethink setting up straight, anxiety made the situation ten times worse by causing her heart to beat twice as fast and blurred vision. Someone was putting these thoughts and horrible memories into her mind, she didn't want to feel such twisted hate anymore. She'd battled through her demons and worked hard to control the powers bestowed on her, only to have all of that undone would be the end.

Willing herself to stand she fought against the clouded memories and made her way towards the source of the problem.

»»—————————–»»

"I thought you were immune to psychic attacks?"

"It's inconsistent."

"Inconsistent my ass, you were practically drooling over her."

"Is now really the time for this?" Cap said in a stern voice, having just about all he could take. Their constant bickering was giving him a headache and not making his attack plan any easier. "We need to focus on getting out of here."

"Yeah, because that worked the first time." Wade took in the area, it had a distinct unused, and unloved feeling about it. "Where is here anyway? I see Stark finally let the old tower go."

"An old storage space. We mainly use it for extra equipment. Clint, how are you doing on those ropes?"

"Fine. Better if motor mouth would shut up for two seconds."

"Hey, I was just trying to show bird boy an easier way out." Wade simply teleported himself out of his restraint, did they really think mere ropes could hold back this beast? A feat he could have done earlier, sure, but it would mean not annoying someone today.

"I don't need lip from you, son of Satan," Clint yanked at the ropes binding him, he was almost free and did not want to know where Wade kept that teleportation device. "How did Amora even find Y/N? I thought they were off the grid for protection?"

"Not sure, but I aim to find out. Someone must have tipped them off. What I don't like is all the commotion coming from upstairs, and the fact that Tony has never been this quiet." Clint finally undid the ropes and hurriedly untied Steve, not understanding how Y/N could tie such a complicated knot. But he figured it had something to do with being turned into a zombie henchman controlled by Amora.