That Cat Episode

A/N:

Scraped the previous story, sorry if you liked it, but it was pretty 'meh' compared to what I wanted to write - who knows, I might return a few things in another fic. IT'S DEBATABLE. Now, prepare ya'selves for more randomness.

🐈 🐈

"Look who has finally decided to grace us with his presence!"

Thor went for a hug as Loki comes wandering in with an entirely new fanbase made up of five of the cutest members you have ever seen - triumphantly sidestepping his brother's sympathetic greeting. In fact, this one involves a different species altogether.

"I doubt anyone aside from you cares, Thor." Loki said despondently, but he couldn't suppress the faint smirk from playing across his lips.

"I care... about where these little lovelies came from," Clint cooed, it was odd enough to see him taking any interest in cuddling one of them let alone cooing. "What's up with the kittens, Lo?"

"Amora is 'what's up' with these frustrating fleabags of infernal furball hell." He stated, quickly setting down another 'furball' when it decided to nibble on his fingers.

"That's truly a mouth full, but doesn't really answer the question." Bruce added dryly, enjoying a riveting game laser pointing with one Bobtail in particular.

Since Bruce is right about it being a mouthful, you obviously issued a challenge to Steve to say it six times fast, which left him succeeding and you blaming the serum.

"Wait, fleabags? FLEAS. Get them out of here, Loki, NOW." Tony interjected, appearing out of nowhere, which he liked doing more than he care to admit.

"He's probably joking... I think." You half wondered why you were even here again. Oh, yeah. How could you forget? Snacks. Valid reason to be just about anywhere.

"Why would Amora have cats? Better still, why are they following you around?" Clint seemed just as curious about the cats as everyone else did.

"These Felis Catus belong to Lorelei, Amora pawned them off on me when her sister failed to capture the oaf's attention, or win his affection. Genuinely, this time."

"Is that why I received so many gracious smiles and gratuitous beverages at Dunking of Donuts the other day?" Thor knows he is handsome, and that his attractiveness is well known throughout the galaxy if nothing else, but on Midgard he learned that this can be a blessing or a curse on any given day.

"Dunkin'. Donuts. No 'of'. We discussed this." Darcy tsk'ed, folding her arms. Her partner in crime had work and Ian would be too much of a fanboy to tag along, plus, boredom and Darcy without data does not mix well. Yes, she could use the WiFi, but did Tony trust her with the password? No.

You didn't have a problem with it. She is rather on the weird side, but so is your life and friends.

"But how did you acquire them?" Thor asked, ignoring Darcy's attempts at auto-correction. "I believed Lorelei to be dead."

"Punishment. She is very much alive, though doesn't care much for this modern age. I told her you liked these felines."

But five? Why would five be sufficient in capturing his affection? And how did Thor not SEE five kittens trailing him?!

So many questions came to mind, but none really substantial enough to ask aloud. A fluffy 'blue' tabby was making its way towards a piece of string on Steve's pant leg, he reached down to pet it, instead the kitten playfully batted his hand away.